Thread: AMD Kills off Big Cores, Kaveri, Steamroller, and Excavator

outside the net, inputting games for pleasure

Default AMD Kills off Big Cores, Kaveri, Steamroller, and Excavator

Since I am a great fan of AMD, I continuously watch news for any updates about them, and, several minutes ago, I found this article here (I am sorry for not quoting it here, but I could not copy and paste the text from the page where I found the article).

This situation does not seem to be very hopeful for AMD, as this news arrives in a situation where they have experienced numerous delays of their products and have dismissed a large portion of their employees. How can they recover from this loss, and will Intel achieve a complete monopoly of the CPU market? This situation seems to be worsening every time that I read about it; it is like a nightmare, from which there is no awakening.

What does everyone else have to say about this? Is there any hope for AMD, at all?
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson.

"Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither." -Benjamin Franklin

I ... fight ... for ... the USERS! f8l_0e's Avatar

Default Re: AMD Kills off Big Cores, Kaveri, Steamroller, and Excavator

Just read the article in the link and the story has an update as of 10:15 this morning that AMD has dismissed this as a rumor.

outside the net, inputting games for pleasure

Default Re: AMD Kills off Big Cores, Kaveri, Steamroller, and Excavator

Quote Originally Posted by f8l_0e View Post
    Just read the article in the link and the story has an update as of 10:15 this morning that AMD has dismissed this as a rumor.
    Is that true? That update had not yet been posted at the time that I posted the link to that article, so I did not know about it until now. The sense of relief that I am currently experiencing is enormous; I imagine that this is how a person with a terminal disease must feel after being informed that they have been cured of that disease (on a much smaller scale, of course). Thank you very much for informing me of that update.
    "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson.

"Those who would trade their freedoms for security will have neither." -Benjamin Franklin