Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: been so busy of late

Default Re: been so busy of late

Almost finished my course for university (4 exams to go and 12 weeks of work experience needed before I can graduate). I've joined a hackerspace and starting to look into building a Reprap Prusa i3 soon!
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

What brings you to the decision on the Prusa specifically? I've been following some other models, so just curious as to what leads you to that model...
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Basically I wanted something that I could build (hopefully) cheaply so that I could have a 3D printer (wanted one since I first heard about reprap) and have something to prototype cases and such like. I was looking at a few designs and there is plenty to choose from, however the Prusa i3 sort of stood out and seems simple in it's construction and should be good/easy to build.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

I'm holding out for the UV cured resin type printers. FDM (squirting hot plastic) type printers are very fiddly. It would be pretty cool to be able to print direct restyling parts for computer cases that snap right in place.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin