Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: been so busy of late

mentally overclocked Cale_Hagan's Avatar

Default been so busy of late

"Hello Cale_Hagan it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?"

^ my message when i get to tbcs, haha.... i hope to get some awesome content generated for the front page this week, while studying for my midterms starting Monday for a computer class. then again, it's a basic computer course i need for a pre req i cannot test out of. soo. not too much studying is needed thank gosh.

what has everyone else been up to while i was away? anything exciting you did, places you went, toys you bought, etc?
    "The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.” -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoNED
    Any contest that lacks integrity is no contest at all

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Default Re: been so busy of late

New heatsink. Cooler master something. It's huge, though!
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

I'm waiting for a PSU to get here so I can get a HTPC finished. There will be more to it later, but for now I just want it to work.

mentally overclocked Cale_Hagan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    New heatsink. Cooler master something. It's huge, though!
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    I'm waiting for a PSU to get here so I can get a HTPC finished. There will be more to it later, but for now I just want it to work.
    cool cool.

i just got a new mini itx toy to play with, my brother gave me his old i5 unlocked 1156 chip on a gigabyte mini itx board...
    the one he got up to over 5ghz with ease, which is impressive for a mini itx board...

time to play?
    "The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.” -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoNED
    Any contest that lacks integrity is no contest at all

Been up to the following:

Designing a custom enclosure to house some HDMI --> DVI --> HDMI converters and IR controllers for a customer. PSU issues are holding me back right now. Either need a 8 way wall wart or a specific power strip. Found the wall wart and need to test it for interference. Still need to find some custom cables though.

Still working on my Kitchen, Just got the back splash tile and what would normally be a 2 day tile job is going to take a couple of weekends. This mosaic tile needs to be cut and laid out before even thinking about sticking it to the wall and grouting it. Took me a day and a half just to do one wall and I only got half that wall glued up last night.

there is lots more, but not too important...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Picked up a radiator and a pair of SATA6 hard drives for Knight's Rest. Still tied up waiting on more parts to come in.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

i slapped together a athlon XP 3000 system....
    cant rly play youtube videos... but it plays VLC videos fine across my 2 17 Inch (4:3) lcds i bought for $30 total.. its like having a widescreen lol
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

I should also add that I've been selling everything I own on ebay, amazon, or here. I've made like $360+ over the past couple weeks and it feels really nice clearing out a bunch of stuff I don't use anymore. Too bad all that money has a place it needs to go instead of being able to use it on projects.

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    I should also add that I've been selling everything I own on ebay, amazon, or here. I've made like $360+ over the past couple weeks and it feels really nice clearing out a bunch of stuff I don't use anymore. Too bad all that money has a place it needs to go instead of being able to use it on projects.
    I'm gathering my list now so I can start purging. Too much stuff does not fit very well in my small house.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Quote Originally Posted by Airbozo View Post
    I'm gathering my list now so I can start purging. Too much stuff does not fit very well in my small house.
    Yeah, I did a bunch of stuff on their trade-in program. You don't get as much for it, but it's not worth the hassle of going to the post office for a $1-2 profit on a cheap item, so I took the $0.40 on those.

Then I listed all the most expensive stuff and it sold really really fast. I listed a couple more things today, an SNES and an N64. I'll keep going through things until I have gotten rid of everything I no longer want or need. It's pretty liberating, although I really should do better at getting rid of old computer junk. I just can't seem to do it though.

I also need to finish some really old projects that are still worth completing, and get rid of the junk from some other projects that aren't worth completing. I wish it didn't cost so much money to do this stuff . . . or that I had a ton more money. I love great builds, but always decide that I would rather have nicer hardware than really good looking slower hardware.