Thread: I finally finished my novel!

Default I finally finished my novel!

Yeah, though it ends on a deliberate cliffhanger and I need to do some editing.

fataloptimization.wordpress.com

The whole thing is available in prototype form while I gather it up, clean it, clarify some bits and format it for publication. Most likely I will self publish, if only to give myself the leeway to edit as I see fit, and not what some dry, boring professional editor likes (when I took editing, I actually had a teacher tell me to tear its soul out and leave it on the cutting room floor.) Announcements about when it's ready (or more likely, when I need crowdsourced funding to bring it to life) will follow when they're ready.

The next book, Athenry, should begin work before the end of the year. I know where I'm going this time. Those who are terribly impatient will get a short one-shot to tide them over, but I'm going to have to devote most of my writing time to cleaning and new work.

If you read it (God bless you) let me know if you guys want Athenry the same way, or if I should wait and collect it all at the end.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

Default Re: I finally finished my novel!

I'll try to get to reading it.

I've been planning on doing nanowrimo since last year. I've spent a lot of time since the school year started working on my portfolio, so I should be ready to devote time to just getting a rough draft out of a book I've had in my head for a while now. We'll have to see if I can get it into 50,000 words or not. You should try and see if you can't push through and get at least a bad draft of Athenry out in that time too. It could be fun . . . or a nightmare.

In any case, I just signed up on nanowrimo and will be participating. Maybe we can get a nice group here to all do the same.

Default Re: I finally finished my novel!

I'll admit that Athenry will be faster to write, but I'm not sure about in a month. I'm also not sure about length but I know from working on FO that 50k words in a month would be a breeze. Some of them would even be in English. I'm still splitting my attention until FO is in a publication ready state, though. Also, KR is still under construction and I have a Gundam kit to finish for a contest... My plate's pretty full, but I'll give it some thought. Writing is pretty relaxing.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08