Thread: Paint question

Default Paint question

I bought my computor with a pre-modded case, but unfortunatly, when I added on to it (CD/DVD drives), the drives didn't match the color. I'd like to paint them either silver or chrome (preferably chrome), but I don't know what kind of paint to use; I'm new to modding

Can anyone help me out here?

Default Re: Paint question

yep
    [Avenx]=Insane modder
    [SoN!cuX]=normal modder
    [Nasser]=doesent know which way is up

Dazza_1981

try and stealth it, http://www.casemodgod.com/drive_stealthing.htm
    i just did it to mine i have a black case but a white dvd rom, i was not waiting an extra day lol, just to get a black dvd rom.... a man can only wait so long, anyway hope that helps

Dazza_1981

bugga bugga sorry i didn't see the reply, i just started replying sorry all
    i got the link from this site the other day

Quote Originally Posted by jareth
    I bought my computor with a pre-modded case, but unfortunatly, when I added on to it (CD/DVD drives), the drives didn't match the color. I'd like to paint them either silver or chrome (preferably chrome), but I don't know what kind of paint to use; I'm new to modding

Can anyone help me out here?
    For plastics you need a special paint. You need a vynil paint or somthing else approved for plastic. If you used just an ordinary lacquer or enamel the paint wont adhear and will chip and peel off extremly easy. Just go to your local hardware store and see if you can find a plastic chrome paint.

Now if you cant find any specificly for plastic, see if they have a plastic primer. this will bit in and act as a bridge between diffrent paints. Just spray with plastic primer, spray with chrome lacquer, then give it a clear coat.

In my experience with chrome paint, it tends to fade rather easily. This is why you should put a clear coat on to protect the finish.

Resident Alcoholic

Where abouts do you live?
    If you're in the uk, then get some molotow burner chrome from www.valleyofchrome.com.
    It's the best chrome spraypaint avaliable. Postage for aerosols costs a lot. 11 quid and over.
    Otherwise, try to find some hip-hop style stores around your city, like record shops and places like that. They often sell great paint at low prices.
    Brands to look out for are
    belton molotow
    spanish montana (aka MTN)
    german montana (Only buy this if you don't care about the fact that they stole spanish montana's name, ripped their customer base off, then used their customer information to help an anti-graffiti squad to catch their customers.)

If you're from Oz, look for ironlak, as it's a great paint and it's made in melburn I beleive.

Peace
    H