View Poll Results: Who have you annoyed?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mom

5 20.83%
  • Dad

6 25.00%
  • Mom and Dad

6 25.00%
  • Sibling(s)

6 25.00%
  • Friend(s)

7 29.17%
  • Relative(s)

4 16.67%
  • Other

6 25.00%
  • No One

3 12.50%
  • Everyone You Talk To

5 20.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever annoyed anyone when talking about modding?

Default Have you ever annoyed anyone when talking about modding?

Have you? Every time I get on the subject of modding, my Dad rolls his eyes and gives me a, "Why are you ever talking about it? It's pointless!" look and thats from someone who had a computer in his since they had the first in-home cpu's!

So, do YOU annoy anyone? (Mom, Dad, friend, etc...)
    Jon

I hate HP. Yet here I am, using a HP G60 Series notebook with an HP desktop sitting at my home desk.... But the best part is that it was all free. Now slowly switching to Dell stuff!

Dude...totally!

Default Re: Have you ever annoyed anyone when talking about modding?

it seems like no one i know really seems to understand why a person would put forth the effort to mod a computer case. but thats prolly because most of the people i know are just casual computer users that just want their computer to do what its supposed to do and then they shove the case under their desk where its out of site. i gave up trying to convince them that its worth it to make the case into something thats worth looking at. i figured that if i started working on case for my dad that i might be able to get him to see the light.

Life is like an analogy...

my dad is very computer illiterate. he hates technology and change. im always asked "when are you gonna get that pile of crap out of the garage?" hes probably the main reason i dont get a huge amount done. i need to make up reasons why im fiddling with electronics or metal, or else he doesnt really let me use the tools i need.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

Nobody ever gets annoyed, but I also don't really talk about it alot. So much of what I say is over people's heads that I have stopped trying to explain. Nobody gets the same excitement I do.

Rankenphile

Every single person I speak to is enthralled at the very sound of my voice - transfixed as if by the golden, lyrical tones.

ATX Mental Case

Only my girlfriend when i spend all weekend modding and treading plexi shavings into the carpet lol everyone iv told about modding a pc case always seems to think its stange until they actually see a modded pc then there like "oooh make me one!"

My reply "make your own!"

ohhh, my dad get's so bored and he's a pretty paitaint guy LoL ,, and my family it's like evrytime i wanna talk about something ,,,,, it's MODDING LoL .. but thet got used to it
    [Avenx]=Insane modder
    [SoN!cuX]=normal modder
    [Nasser]=doesent know which way is up

My friends. Almost none of my friends understand computers or why I sink so much time and effort into them.

It's the same with cars. Some people use them to go from point a to b. Some people want them to look good from the manufacturer. Some people want them to look unique. It's the same concept.

Talk to someone who does any type of custom work and you will see the same fervor you see in computer modders. It takes a specific type of person.

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by Rankenphile
    Every single person I speak to is enthralled at the very sound of my voice - transfixed as if by the golden, lyrical tones.

rofl!
    blue skies, green grass

High-tech Redneck crazybillybob's Avatar

Ok, as I look at this poll I feel old.....Why, nowhere on it does it say WIFE or Husban....but it does say Mom (mum for you Brits) and DAD..... OOOOH I feel old. Where'd I leave my walker (It's modded too of course )

I work with Very Smart (very computer geeky) people and most of them think that modding a pc is weird...so I just started building Movie props....for some reason it's an ok hobby...?!? Go figure?

What I have found is that the same type of guys that like to tinker with their cars (or customize them if you like) are the same type that like to mod PC's (assuming that they are also into PC's). It's like the Geek GearHead syndrom..

Quote Originally Posted by Rankenphile
    I'd like to hear what your Wife (I know it's not quite offical but you asked her so now your done!) has to say about that!

CrazyBillyBob