Thread: ITX Motherboard

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Default ITX Motherboard

Looking for a x16 equipped Mini-ITX board which will take either an intel Q6700 775 CPU or an AMD Athlon II X2 250 AM3 chip - I need an ITX solution which is a little more powerful than my current ATOM system.

More than willing to consider board/chip combo's if my spare CPUs wont work...

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Default Re: ITX Motherboard

Why not go all out with one of the new z77 itx mobos and get bluetooth, wifi, pci-gen 3 x16, and chuck in an ivy CPU and make a fully featured build out of it?

Anyways do you have any site links of places you can buy? I assume overclockers uk is an option for you.
    There are plenty of mini itx mobos from both intel and amd available there

Budget, mainly. I was hoping to reuse parts i have already instead of buying all new. I just upgraded my main pc to an 8 core bulldozer with 16gb ram so i need to keep the spend down.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

I've got a Zotac H55ITX wifi with an i3 530 (1156) with OEM cooler if you're interested. I bought it with plans for an HTPC but the more I think about it the less I really need/will use one. I need it for a bit as I've got a mini-ITX Cooler Master case coming to review then it's free.

Drop me a line with a price. I just ordered an Asus board from amazon but I don't agree when my wife tells me I have too many computers!!

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slaveofconvention View Post
    Drop me a line with a price. I just ordered an Asus board from amazon but I don't agree when my wife tells me I have too many computers!!
    Amen to that.

I've got a Zotac G43-ITX with an E6550 and 4GB of GEiL Black Dragons (and the watercoling blocks for all of that) sitting here on my desk. I'd like an outfit more like that i3 listed above to drag back and forth from the hospital when we have to be there with our little boy. I've also got some bigger stuff here, but I'm pretty interested in getting rid of this one.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

mentally overclocked Cale_Hagan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    I've got a Zotac H55ITX wifi with an i3 530 (1156) with OEM cooler if you're interested. I bought it with plans for an HTPC but the more I think about it the less I really need/will use one. I need it for a bit as I've got a mini-ITX Cooler Master case coming to review then it's free.
    that setup sounds familiar...
    "The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.” -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoNED
    Any contest that lacks integrity is no contest at all

I got myself pretty much sorted out via another route - I was going to close this thread but it looks like there may be a deal in the making between a couple other people so I'll leave it open.