Thread: Case Modders and QuakeCon

Default Case Modders and QuakeCon

Hi guys!

I am not sure if some of you even know what QuakeCon is so I will give you a bit of detail. Each year in Dallas Texas a 3 1/2 day event is held and it has become the largest LAN in the USA. Anywhere from 2000-3000 people show up just for the BYOC LAN area and when you have a LAN you can always see some case mods. The case mod contest has always been a part of the event with some years better than others and I have been trying to get the contest back up to the standard it used to be.

I have been in contact with Ryan over at PCPER to see if we (Modders-Inc) can help or take control of the case modding event. I also have some sponsors that are will to donate stuff. But what is REALLY needed is YOU AND YOUR CASE MODS!

I was wonder how many of you guys have thought about going? It would be great to see a large turn out for the event and do a Case Modders Meet Up!

Please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,

Dewayne

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Default Re: Case Modders and QuakeCon

You know, I'd LOVE to go to a LAN party. Unfortunately, the only "official" one that I have even heard of that was ever in my area was a month ago, for SC2 (for which a legal copy was required, and SC(1 or 2) isn't my kind of RTS.)
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Unlocked/Overclocked/Never Stock

When is it? I'd be interested, and it'd be good motivation to finish up my mods-in-progress.

Nevermind: I checked out the Quakecon website, August 2-5, 2012. Don't know if I'll be able to go; that' right around the time my student teaching starts.
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...e.php?u=555808

Quote Originally Posted by RogueOpportunist View Post
    In my experience the vast majority of "tech problems" are ID-10-T errors, usually caused by a nut loose on the keyboard.

Update...

In just a few days we will have some up-to-the-minute news about the case mod contest. But let me tell you this. Start making your plans NOW to attend.

Modders-Inc has been given the go ahead to handle the case mod contest at the largest LAN in the USA, QuakeCon. We will also have a booth at the event that you come by and see some mods from the past and talk us up.

We are currently looking to have two separate classes to compete in. One class will be the standard "In the Box" where the modded case is create from a standard manufactured case and the second class will be "Scratch Built" where anything goes.

We are gathering up some great prizes and giveaways for this awesome event. As we confirm the sponsors and more details we will post it where ever possible and of course in our forms.

What we need is your help to spread the word and to make your way to QuakeCon August 2-5 2012 Dallas Texas at the Hilton Anatole. As a group, we need to make a presence at this event to show that Case Modders are the coolest people in the computer scene! A great turn out can make an impact and a hard statement about what we do and how much we are dedicated to our hobby.

With your support Modders-Inc.com will do everything that we can to make this a success.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Sounds great. Wish I could go.