Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remote Igniter System

Default Re: Remote Igniter System

Put the "firing LED" in parallel with the firing switch with a resistor large enough to drop the voltage below that which makes the igniter burn. When it's armed and you have continuity along the entire line (line is good, and igniter is hooked up right), the LED will light up. When you hit the fire button, it bypasses the LED and drops the full pack voltage down the line.

On your schematic, move the LED connection R1 to before the switch S2.

And get yourself a really, really cool set of switches/buttons for it.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by TLHarrell View Post
    Put the "firing LED" in parallel with the firing switch with a resistor large enough to drop the voltage below that which makes the igniter burn. When it's armed and you have continuity along the entire line (line is good, and igniter is hooked up right), the LED will light up. When you hit the fire button, it bypasses the LED and drops the full pack voltage down the line.

On your schematic, move the LED connection R1 to before the switch S2.

And get yourself a really, really cool set of switches/buttons for it.
    I think I see what your getting at. I will take it back to the drawing board again and call this version 1 and be back with version 2 tomorrow.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Looks good to me.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Now to get my enclosure, second battery pack, resistors, and decide if I want a bunch of wire or use a breadboard.

That would be super easy to just point-to-point wire if your buttons, LEDs and wire jack are all panel mount. As far as a battery holder (if your case doesn't have battery holder built in), look into attaching it to the inside of the case with adhesive velcro and use a 9V battery clip to connect the battery pack to the controller wiring. Makes battery changes a breeze. I'm just tossing these ideas in here from experience.