Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IS this EA?

Default Re: IS this EA?

Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    I've only heard about C&C4 and the "Always online" mode required about it. And a bit about the "online ranking" to "upgrade" so you can build more stuff. With it ending up having the pre-beta players group up against the "just joined" guys, making unfair fights.
    And (audio) chat permanently being enabled in single player, thus enabling immature teens to spam the chat.

If I'm wrong about a C&C4 aspect, please correct me.
    'Always online' is a form of DRM that requires your client to log into their server to activate the game each time it is started. It's extremely annoying and ineffective. Blizzard (Diablo 3) and Ubisoft (Driver: SF) have the same DRM, so if one 'hates' EA for it, they must also 'hate' these companies as well. In most cases, the publisher doesn't design the game, although they may have requirements that need to be met by the developer...EA (the publisher) isn't responsible for any of the problems you listed. EA:LA developed C&C 4, so that's who's responsible for the design and any post-launch updates. If enough people complained about those specific issues to the developer, I'm very certain they would have been changed. Nobody invests millions into a software product and then ignores customer feedback. If they sell 5 million copies and only get 10 angry emails, then nothing will be done...a million angry emails and it would be patched ASAP. It's all about appeasing the masses, not tailoring to every whim.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    As for generals? I watched my brother play it. Didn't seem at all like any of the previous C&Cs. I was like "Eh", and so was my brother.
    'Eh' is what I said too. It was based on the same game engine but it was so dissimilar that it should not have shared the name. I feel like they just used the C&C name because of the weight it carried.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

^Yes. From what I saw from the C&C:RA3 demo, they tried to correct their actions, and somewhat succeeded.

Still think that RA2 and expansion are the best RTS games out there. Albeit the units in the expansion are somewhat overpowered.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

I liked all the Red Alert games. I've invested an enormous amount of time into those games.

My all time favorite RTS was Earth 2150 and its expansion The Moon Project. Three well-balanced factions with unique research trees and player-customized units...you could attack by land, sea, air, or tunnel. Players could dig trenches to block enemy units, or level off rough terrain to allow your units to get behind the enemy...if you couldn't airlift them yet...

...I'm finding and installing it now...screw sleep.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.