Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need to win the lottery ASAP

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: I need to win the lottery ASAP

Yea the japs have been all over that on their sport bikes for quite some time now. They finally got rid of the side-mount exhaust for weight and aerodynamic reasons.

This is the beast I had that I parted out (had over $20k in customizations into it, had no choice but to part it to at least get some of my money back). 1000cc v-twin, DOHC, 128HP/78ft-lbs at the wheel with almost 30k on her. More bike than I ever needed yet it was more comfortable than 99% of the sport bikes out there today...

Nice! Love those Suzuki's.

This is an older shot of my sportster. The thing is a torque monster. 101 hp / 105tq and when I am finished flowing the heads and upgrading the valves, those numbers should jump to 110 and 115 respectively. The only thing that sucks is that due to the 11:1 compression, I have to use racing fuel (100 octane). I am still getting about 45-48 mpg. Once I get the heads and valves finished I have to replace the 1st gear in the transmission due to some slipping and I will be swapping the front end with something a little more stiff. Once that is complete I intend to take it to the drag strip to see if I can break the 10 second mark in the 1/4 mile. It is kind of addictive. Once you swap one part or upgrade something, it just steamrolls. I have more money invested in my engine than I paid for the bike brand new.

Why did you get rid of the Suzuki?

"...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

I got rid of it because I had some bills that came up unexpectedly that needed to get taken care of.

I know what you mean by the upgrading - here's how my bike looked stock

Quite the difference... Did your keep all the stock parts to put back on?

In the Harley world, we call the first upgrade, the HD Tax. This consists of opening up the airflow to the carb to help the bike run better and improve the performance. It is the cheapest upgrade of them all (~$300) and gives you the biggest HP and TQ upgrade for the money. It usually involves a new air cleaner setup (almost identical to stock except there is more air flow through the AC) and rejetting. Everything after that is expensive in relation to the power boost.

I will be working on my bike over the next year to make it look nicer and go for more of a street fighter look. I am looking at rear sets, clip-ons, new forks and a chopped rear fender. The SO has made it clear that I cannot change the seat because she likes to ride behind me (she sold her 883 sportster many years ago).
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

nah sold most of the stock stuff to fund more mods The cheapest thing I did was the carbon fiber decals that you see there, the most expensive was these sexy beasts....

http://www.blackstonetek.com

Let me tell you. Of all the +HP stuff I did to the bike, nothing made the kind of change that those things did. It was hard to put them on the bike at first...I wanted to just hang them on the wall lol. Stock front wheel was ~15lb and stock rear was ~19lb. The BST front was 3.5lb and the rear was 4.5lb. The difference in steering effor was scary at first. I almost threw it right on the ground the first time I took it out with those wheels on

here's a cool pic I made when it was done I just came across