Thread: Got into the classes I wanted

Default Got into the classes I wanted

I'm sure many of you have gone through this fun experience before.

You wait at your computer until the second that you can register for your classes and then you (and thousands of others) all try and register at once.

Well, for me, a transfer student, this has been easy because I've had senior status so I register before people in my same classes.

But registering for next fall meant that we all had senior standing.

Well, there was once class in particular, my six credit studio, that I wanted a particular section of. Most of the time studio classes mean making floor plans and renders and structural diagrams and models of buildings, but one of my professors is having a fabrication studio where we will make chairs and lamps and other fun stuff. It's perfect for me.

Well, 7PM rolled around tonight and I clicked the button at the exact right moment before the DDOS attack began and I got all the classes and sections I wanted. I couldn't be happier.

Last semester I still got what I wanted, but had to wait for like 2 hours of DDOS attack to calm down. Tonight, less than three minutes after registration opened, that section was filled. I'm pumped.

Default Re: Got into the classes I wanted

Congratulations! I remember how that was during my school days. I've been the lucky one who got into the classes that everyone wanted and the unlucky one who couldn't get into them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
    Your pearly goop is really pretty.

mentally overclocked Cale_Hagan's Avatar

im priority 0. i go before everyone.
    "The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.” -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoNED
    Any contest that lacks integrity is no contest at all

So, bad news.

The class I wanted to get into was a design/fabrication studio instead of my normal studio where we design buildings and make renders.

But . . . the professor who was going to teach it accepted a job in Arkansas for next fall, so now we don't know who will teach it and if they will also do the fabrication studio or if they will go back to normal boring architecture stuff.