Thread: Need quick help with complicated math

Default Need quick help with complicated math

I'm trying to prove that a player in a game I'm playing is cheating. I messaged the admins and they're basically telling me he's not. So if he's not, this player has literally spent almost a thousand dollars on a beta game... Yeah, whatever. And, I'm not even sure it's possible even if he did. So, let's do some math! Which I suck very badly at. :/

You are building a castle. It takes 30 days to complete just the towers. So let's focus on that fact first.

A card you can buy, that when played, increases build speed by 1.5 for 6 hours.

So if you have a total build speed of 30 days and you play that card which gives you 150% build speed for just 6 hours, what would you have remaining in build time after those 6 hours? If it were instantaneous, wouldn't it still have 8 days left? But it's not instant... and that's where I get confused. You have to figure out how much it can complete in 6 hours.

Thanks so much, I appreciate this! This guy is either a millionaire or a cheater, I'd like to figure out which. lol

Default Re: Need quick help with complicated math

He shaves off 3 hours per card used. 6 hours at 1.5x speed. 30 days, 24 hours per day = 720 hours to build. So the towers would take 717 hours instead. Such a lame thing to pay for.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

This player finished a minimum of 30 days in 4 hours. We're actually talking probably 40 or 50 days worth to be more precise.

This is the exact message from the support staff:

"We have non reason to believe that this player has cheated. Using the right combination of cards, it is possible to complete a castle in the given time. If you play Master Masons, this reduces your castle building time to 1/5 of the original time. If a card for 12 hours wall construction time is then played, this will finish 60 hours of the initial wall building time. The Master Castle Designer card will then finish another 6 hours, which is 30 hours of the initial castle building time. This allows fast repairs of castles like it has been done here."
    Master Masons = 1.5 Build Speed over 6 Hours.

12 Hour Wall Construction = 12 Hours of Wall Constructed. (not 60?)

Master Castle Designer = 6 Hours of ongoing castle construction completed.

I don't see where the math is coming from with this guy...

"If you play Master Masons, this reduces your castle building time to 1/5 of the original time."
    Master Masons = 1.5 Build Speed over 6 Hours.
    1/5 does not equal 1.5 build speed .. it would equal 5x build speed.

So bascially its total time to build divided by 5.

Does that help?

Then the support staff is wrong, which is awesome. The exact description of the card in game says x1.5 over 6 hours.

But I just got another email from them... saying that they were mistaken and they meant the x5 speed card.

So... x5 Build Speed over 6 Hours... When you have 30 days of build time...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it still doesn't equal an entirely completed castle in just 4 hours. lol

The x5 speed card also applies to other cards. That's how. Wow. Sure would be nice if they mentioned that somewhere...

So anything you do when you have an x5 card in play is multiplied by 5.

*removes glasses*

Mother of god....

They stack? That should be considered cheating. Still, not all that fun to play a game where others can shortcut by such a huge margin by paying money. Then again... some people are wired that way... this is why Zynga makes so much money.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Yeah. My build? 40 Days. It's slightly better, but not much. His build took him... 20 minutes.

Cool game. lol