View Poll Results: Who's made the best new wallpaper?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amev

1 3.70%
  • jdbnsn

12 44.44%
  • OvRiDe

8 29.63%
  • Stonerboy779

3 11.11%
  • Outlaw

1 3.70%
  • Fuganater

1 3.70%
  • BuzzKillington

1 3.70%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vote for the Design a New Logo Contest - PICS!!

Default Re: Vote for the Design a New Logo Contest - PICS!!

I just had no idea there was a microcenter in Tunisia.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Jdbnsn's prize was awarded in person!
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Thanks so much Ken!!! Was awesome to meet you!

Yes, I was making my way to my folks place which just happened to take me through St. Louis so why not drop in and say hello to the Devil himself? Had a great time browsing through the freakin' massive toy store for geeks called Microcenter (never seen one before, wow!). So I snapped a pic of the Dark Lord in his business attire which turned out lousy because I suck at iPhone photography.

So when I get there I see some very familiar sights including several famed TGS mods and some teck-groupie grilling him about "Industrial Revolution". After a meet and greet we strolled around the candyland of teckkie goodness, and this place had everything a modder could covet. As we strolled, TGS gave me the tour of the premier merchandise offered in the isles. He did make a point to show me this puzzling device which is sold there, and admitted to his being baffled as to why it was being sold there...

I did notice through my tour of the store that a certain "evil" influence was overcoming my senses. Like imps whispering council in my ears, the products on these shelves seemed to speak to me. TGS remained silent as the boxes and shiny labels murmured "buy me, buy me". The great deceiver stood by and admired as I continued to pile box on top of box, eventually filling a basket with shiny objects that no poor soul could live without.

And as if waking from a dream or rather falling deep into it, I found myself on the crossroads standing alone in the dusty intersection. Then as if it were expected, a shiny car rolled up from the distance and the window rolled down. I could see no face in the dark space but an arm extended from the window and handed me a pen. Then another gesture followed by a contract, written in a language I couldn't understand. Then I heard a voice, like a muse of encouragement coming from the car. "Debit or Credit?"; it said. "Credit"; I replied. "Sign here"; it instructed. I did so, hands trembling. Moments later the contract was snatched from my clutches and the car fired off down the dirt road vanishing into a dust bowl in the sky. It was then I felt the sunny countryside fade from my vision replaced by the soft hum of fluorescent lights and the surrounding staff of Microcenter. Wiping the sweat from my brow I looked around and once again found my guide to the City of Dis standing before me, grinning. "Don't forget your receipt"; he beamed and began to snowball from a chuckle to a deafening maniacal laugh. I looked into his eyes and saw burning sulfur and ash as I backed out the front door, my recent purchase in hand plus the lovely new 60GB SSD drive he slipped in the bag. I walked to the car which seemed to be miles away, all the while pondering whether or not I had been dreaming. Just before I reached the car I turned back to view the store once more. The plot where I had just departed from, not 2 minutes ago was vacant. Nothing there but fields of sand and shadows. Strange day, and I would admit that it never happened but the fact is, I have the bag of goodies. Some of it must have been real....

"At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

We should start having field trips to Micro Center with meet and greets by TheGreatSatan
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Nice! His Microcenter looks a lot nicer than the one up here in Cambridge, MA. I had to google the cow magnets as I thought it was one of those joke gifts, but apparently it is quite real. Then again, there's probably more cows in Missouri than MA, and it's always good to be prepared in case a cow farmer comes in to buy a computer and happens to need a magnet for his newly branded calf.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    We should start having field trips to Micro Center with meet and greets by TheGreatSatan
    Hell of an idea. If I ever get down that way I'll be sure to stop by.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Unfortunately, he'd have to be in a planned vacation in order to meet him.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta