Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google Play.... Hunh.

Default Re: Google Play.... Hunh.

Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Lemme play Android games on my computer! Set that up, you'll get THOUSANDS more customers!
    I think this is coming fairly soon. I heard somewhere about the Chrome browser will be adding native Android support. And Android itself, coming to your desktop in a sandbox mode. Might be interesting to see.

I love the cross platform setup they have. I can browse for apps on my computer, and have them auto-install to my phone. Pretty sweet.

All the integration is pretty cool, and makes my life easier. They deserve a win there. But on the flipside, if something goes wrong, it can go horribly so.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

I know about Android-x86 and Virtual machines, but there's no Google-supported market for it.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

I don't think android apps on the PC would be that great. Unless you have a touch screen, do you really want to play multi-touch dependent games on your PC? I suppose you could filter then to find ones that don't require much touching but it still seems like it would be a poor user experience.

For instance, When I was running the windows 8 Consumer Preview. I browsed through the App Store and it all seemed to be touch apps. None of that was very well suited to the track pad on my laptop so i just didn't bother with it anymore.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

I have angry birds for PC that I got for free and it plays just fine. Touch is really a bad version of the mouse pointer in a lot of ways. I can click in the same way, but I have to physically move a lot more and I'm blocking the screen the whole time, and there's little precision when you have a small screen and big fingers, and you smudge the screen when you touch it.

Mouse, pretty much the same thing but better.