Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My 'puter, blingGreen

Default Re: My 'puter, blingGreen

Quote Originally Posted by blindreap3r
    That is friggin awesome!
    Thank you very much! I like it too! :p

Quote Originally Posted by altec
    Odd colors to me. But hell if it was up to me all cases would be red and black lol. Like the wire idea don't think any ones doing that.
    Yeah... I hear ya! The blue is not *quite* the shade I wanted, but it cleaned up well and polished nicely. I also had anohter idea on the front bay coloring... but that is for another time! So I'll keep it until I feel the need to reshoot it with the proper colors! As for the cabling, I gained that bit of inspiration off of another modder on another forum, Capt. Sluggo over at Bit-Tech. He was using black and was making it for single lines. I adopted the idea and went for a stacked approach and cascaded the lines through the middle of the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew
    How did you do the flame fade? The wire management thing im guessing was made out of UV reactive plexi right?
    If you are talking about the top blue to green fade, I cut my flame out of the top (like you would do if you were putting in a window. I then power sanded a clear piece of lexan on one sice until it was good an foggy. I then mounted it into the top of the case, undernieth the flame cut out, and positioned a blue triple LED cluster at one end, and a green triple LED cluster at the other end... facing each other, and then I let the light fight it out. The fade came out nicely! It is actually a bit unique, in that when you stand in different places staring at the colors, you see where more green leaks down further in to the blue, and where more blue leaks up in to the green.
    As for the wire harness, yes, I took green UV reactive acrylic and created that little bit of management!

I appreciate the feedback folks! Any other questions, please feel free to ask! I'll pass on what I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Frakk
    it looks good but id like to see some dayshots too
    I took a few tonight, this was the best one!
    Give a good, overall view of the cabling.

Please let me know what you think!

Water Cooled

hmmm. interesting. that green is not my taste, but the blue I like a lot. is that the stock fx-53 cooler? ive never seen one before. good job, im sure you've put lots of time into it.

Naw... it is a Gigabyte 3D Rocket Pro cooler.
    The green seems to be the sticking point for most people. I like it, not my absolute *favorite* choice, but for my color scheme, I feel it worked out well.

Thanks for the comments!

The SlackMeister

nice job. do you have any problems with dust on the cloth?

Yeah, I do. Not a good way that I can figure to filter the dust effectively. Mesh screen on the back end of the intake fan would just look tacky!

So, I vacuum once every few weeks!
    :p

The SlackMeister

gotcha. i am thinking of doing similar but putting sheet of metal or dark plexi as a 2nd "floor" to hide cables. still only an idea.

you rig kinda looks like pimp mobile :p

Quote Originally Posted by MrSlacker
    gotcha. i am thinking of doing similar but putting sheet of metal or dark plexi as a 2nd "floor" to hide cables. still only an idea.

you rig kinda looks like pimp mobile :p
    Hehehe, someone on another forum asked if I was going to put little bed posts into the rig, and make it a hooker/"John" diarama type scene! Hehehhe.. no no no... just like the material!

You have hit upon what v2 of my floor will be like. I'm planning out a flat, thin piece of acrylic/plexi/something, that I will put little feet onto, raising it enough to give the cables a place to hide. I would then use this material to cover the "floor" as well as have a hole or two where some of the cables that need access above, could fit through.

That will be later though!

The SlackMeister

yeah thats what i want to do, but i have no clue how to attach it, may be mobo stand offs and cut holes on 2 ends for fingers.... we'll see

That is beautiful. Could you post the link to the worklog? im thinking about doing something like this one of these days. Very nice work!