Thread: mythos mod

Custom Title Honors

Default mythos mod

i've been lusting after a lian-li pc-a05fn for about a year now and newegg finally put them on their shell shocker deal list last week. so i had to jump on it.

what i like about this case is that it moves the power supply to the bottom front but still fits a full atx mobo. you would suspect, as i did, that this would make the case a lot shorter. but it actually made it about 1.5 inch shorter than a atx mid tower, oh well. it's still a nice case.

so here's a couple pics with the side taken off

what i plan on doing is replacing the whole side with plexy glass to make a window instead of cutting out a window in the aluminum side panels. i want to put windows on both sides even though all you'll see on the "off" side is the back of the mobo tray and wires.

now then, on each window i intend on sand blasting the designs in the plexy and then lighting the windows from above. i'm hoping the effect will be that the emblems light up.

so on the "near" side i will put the elder sign...

and on the "off" side i will put the chaos symbol

i have left the protective wrap on the plexy and printed the designs on a full size label sheet to stick to it to make things easier to cut out.

my blue led fans and blue led light strips should be here on monday to start mounting things.

oh yeah, i'm going to rip the guts out of the "blue oyster" to install in this case.

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: mythos mod

this isn't a spectacular update, but it's an update.

i got a few things today.

the led light strip that will go under the mobo.

and a bunch of fans. the nexus fan is 92mm pwm for the processor. it doesn't have leds, but i see it does have little mounts for them, so i may have to install some. the other fans are the cheapest 120mm blue led made in china fans i could find.

the pc-a05fn has a reverse air flow setup. but i decided i can turn the fans around and do the same with the power supply and have it regular flow.

so here's the rear fan replaced and turned around.

the front fan installed in the hard drive assembly and then installed in the case.

yeah, i know, there wasn't anything real custom here yet, but that's coming later.

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: mythos mod

got some stuff done today.

my ssd showed up, so i mounted it.

120G of patriot goodness.

installed in the neat attachment at teh bottom of teh case.

made panel to mount the led strips. these will be under the mobo and shine from underneath it. i wish i could remember where i saw the idea so i could give credit, but i can't.

and here it is mounted in the case.