Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DnA - revisited

Default DnA - revisited

sooooo.... my 4870 blew while the gf was playing gta4 on the rig... dumb as i was i forgot to hock up the fans on the radiator after i was at a lan, so the rig has stood 4 hours idle, and then went bsod after 1.5 hours of intense gaming... not bad considdering the whole thing was passive cooled the whole time...
    beacuse of the hot fluid, one of the xspc resevoirs leaked, so now its time for

DnA - Revisited

major changes
    -i dumped the harddrive loop.. wasnt worth the extra space. the radiator is going inside the primary loop.
    -the radiator is going of the case, and im currently making an external stand for it.
    -the resevoirs on the top is gone. an acrylic plate will cover up the wholes.
    -tube size has been cut down from 19 OD to 9 OD, and tubing will be black with Koolance compression fittings
    -i will put a Koolance Inline resevoir inside the case. it will be held by a custom cut black acrylic stand.
    -fluid will be blue Koolance fluid. only place it will be visible is in the pump, and the resevoir. as mentioned the hoses is going to be black tygon.

i will have my watercooling parts tuesday, and might get the res stand cut this weekend, or next week.

it kinda suck to be blowing off another 175$ on watercooling, but i hope it will be worth it. (+ new parts yay!)

pics will follow with next update on the watercooling

stay tuned!

thought i might as well start a new thread since this will be a bit of a rebuild

-p0Pe

Edit:

just a quick update so you know what im talking about

parts:

fittings will all be theese:

and

resevoir will be this one:

fluid:

enjoy
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Default Re: DnA - revisited

thx DT! neiter can i

after hours of measuring, modeling, remeasuring, remodeling etc i got this:

if you cant guess where it will sit, then you will just have to wait and see

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

more renders.

mo-ra holder. what do you think?

dont know if its sturdy enough though... might make it out of 5 mm plex instead of 3 mm.

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

thx man! apriciate it

soooo.. time for a little update again

cleaned the mo-ra radiator with some destilated water hocked up on the xspc resevoir pump. you think this thing could handle a waterblock or two on top of that radiator lol? look at that flow xD this thing clearly wasnt build for the huge capacity of the godlike MO-RA !

got the bottom section cleaned alot! took all the wires out from the psu´s and redid wirering. hell of a job with 2 psu´s to worry about, but totally worth it! now i can even fit 2 ddc´s downthere without problems, or another 120.1 or maybe even 120.2 if i dremel a bit but i wont... dont need it. ill post a pic of the finish cabling when i got one. you can barely see any

im hoping to put some pump/fan controller inhere. got something in mind, but i dont have the cash for it so maybe it will just stay empty for the time being:shrug:

time to play!

firering mah lazor!!!

might do something with this also... have seen some impressive work from some danes lately on theese things, and i am bugling with ideas

on to the radiator stand! actually quite sturdy, but i will have to glue it together... if i can find some glue somewhere... my sister decided to use about half a liter on a f#cking shoe!

the mora in all its glory! damn i love that thing!

and the res holder!

thats it for now sadly, my watercooling parts wont arrive until thursday. but more time to plan i might go play some guitar hero in the meantime.. still a couple of songs that needs to get pwn´d on expert!

until next time the only thing you have to do is watch this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AOfb...eature=related
    and comment comment comment! as ordered by hypnotoad. also notice the comments

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

now:
    SERIOUS PROBLEM!

guys, really need you to get working on the inputs here. this is a job for modders!

i cant decide if i want to move the pumps or not!

in this pic you can see where i am thinkin about moving them too. it would make it easy to isolate them and make them less noisy. but then they cant be seen from above and they look so cool, and what do i put in the spot where they were before :S

ill post better pics that will explain better when i get my hands on my camera again!

just test fittet. they can easyly be in between the fan and the psu´s. and i could route the hoses up the same way the hdd loop hoses was routed.

inputs is highly wanted

what to do, awsomeness versus silence:S the biggest problem will be to fill the gab where they were before. what could i put there?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

came downstairs 5:30 today to work on the case and found this lying on the floor:

funny thing is, i didnt even put that bone there... it just laid halfway under the dog Ó_ò

think its dead? so did i... didnt even move the slightest when i took the pics...
    so i started working. 4 hours later it actually moved :O

the case;
    had to enlarge the whole where the wires comes out of, so that i could fit both the 24 pin, and the 2*6 pins for the gfx card. wanted to hide the cables better than the last version were they were coming from the top, down over the ram and then into the connector -.-

had to take of the fan covers beacuse the handles on top was a bit loose... forgot how sad the fans look without the cover:O

after a bit of work with the dremel i got this. its a bit rough, but it wont be seen.

and test fitting with the cover plate/res holder

and DAMN! fits, like a glove

the result is quite nice IMO

gonna look sooo sexy when the res with blue fluid gets in place! and i hope the build will look über clean with only 9mm OD hoses. just hoping that it wont affect the temps that much. based on tests i saw, it shouldnt.

proper camera and lightning would do so much more :/

hope you like it watercooling parts were send today, and hopefully arive tommorow! dont know when i will have my gfx back though

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

of course i am im getting rid of the ugly red pcb board that made my mod seem like something thats just been killed...

watercooling came today and hoses are prepped only need the gfx to finish now! damn i cant wait tuesday next week... then ill have this bad boy up and running again!

EDIT:

some pics of the watercooling and a minor update
    got the stuff! yay

some of the fittings. the big mofo there is a filter. koolance actually upped there quality everything is with o-rings now. no glue!

the resevoir holder! pure sex. below the gfx card, you can see the cover for the pci-e slots i wont be using. ill have a little suprise for you tommorow with that

the dark side of this mod... the wirering. it looks messy as h#ll but everything is zip tied together, and firmly secured! yeah... you try hiding 1200Watts of cable, and a remote controller!

at least the back panel still fits without going nuclear... there is room for alot more behind it!

the hole at top is going to be covered up. ill show that tommorow

some hosing. right now everything looks messy, but it will settle when i get the res plate back on there... i hope the reason for the loads of tubing is that the loops isnt gonna run like:
    pump1 - pump 2 - raddy and blocks
    but like this:
    resevoir - pump 1 - 120.1 raddy - gpu - cpu - pump 2 - 120.9 raddy - back to resevoir.
    that way i will dump most heat outside the case.

i had to redo the resevoir holder beacuse i got a small crack in one of the corners... its barely visible but i know its there -.-

i just looked at my server, and alone for this mod i uploaded over 700 pics lol...

update again in 24 hours !

-p0Pe

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Quote Originally Posted by Eclecticos View Post
    Quite the impressive reservoir mount. +Rep
    thx man! got some more pics for you

Quote Originally Posted by tomcatt View Post
    indeed sweet
    lol @ dog
    yeah, my thought too when i saw the thing

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Well, personally I woulnd't hide them..I'd amputate The mod's coming along nicely though; looks sweet.
    haha i dont like cutting off the wires. what if im going to use them sometime xD you never know!

more pics tommorow ill have to work a little and then ill mount the holder and start up the finishing tubing. then i just need my gfx card
    oh, and i might be getting a XFX 4870 with 1 gig of ram instead of 512 without extra charge

EDIT:

soooo...
    not to sound selfish... but i love how this is going

instead of routing the hoses to the mora out the back, i routed it through the middle section floor, and i will cut a hole in the left side for the hoses to go out from to the raddy! that way, when you look inside the case it will look like the whole thing is run by a 120.1 raddy

have a look, and tell me what you think. fingerprints and stuff have to go ofc! but no point in doing that atm.

and we started here:

and ended here:
    only thing left to do is get the gfx card, and fill the loop oh... and cut a hole in the sidepanel + some minor stuff

hope you likey BECAUSE I DO

EDIT:

more pics!!! as i said, i got the wires on the back sorted out, and think it looks somewhat reasonable now!
    here you also just see the two hoses that has to go out of the side panel

didnt get so many WIP shots.. actually non

result:

and how it connects with the mora

damn i need to clean that mora

three holes. inlet, outlet and power for the two 200 mm fans on the raddy. i have to test if i can run the whole system with only the 120.1 inside the case being active cooled, and passive cool the mora

i think it came out pritty well. looks 100 times better than routing them out from the rear -.-

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

got my gfx! finally... i was starting to get drawbacks...

the whole thing on the desk. bad pic i know:/

i plan on putting it on the floor, but that will have to wait untill later

internals, damn i love that black gfx!

the resevoir with a filter on it.

the black pcb on the gfx fits way better than the red one on the previous card. so no need to make a cover plate for it.

with flash

thats about it. might get some more shots when it gets dark around here.

HF

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

sooo... here we go

this is the first bunch of pics with my new watermark on it. plz tell your thoughts on it

for a final thought on the project is following

motherboard cover
    i had a little suspicion that the mobo cover would raise my mobo temps (sb mostly) but i actually saw a difference of 2c lower than usual since i had the front fan, behind the 120.1 mm raddy blow constantly @ 7volt, instead of only turning on when i powered the 2 top fans and the 1 rear fan with the remote control.
    the pumps is waaayyy less noisy beacuse of the little layer of foam i put under them.

temps
    on the temp side i noticed a difference in both cpu and gpu temps. cpu temps are lower, and same are the gpu. i think this has something to do with that i put in the extra 120.1 mm in the loop, and that the radiator now stands for itself, not being so close to the case side.

new loop parts
    hoses
    i was really happy with the small black hose. it was easy to route. not like the 19mm hoses i had before. this was a dream to work with, and i can highly recomend it.

fittings
    ive heard alot about the koolance fittings, and was a bit worried, beacuse a long time ago they had a bad habbit of making the fittings and plugs of steel. i had a magnet on every single fitting in the system, and non of them was of steel. neither was the plugs.
    the old plugs i had for the old resevoirs was made of steel though!

resevoir
    i was positive supriced with the revisited version of the koolance inline resevoir. the plugs it cane with wasnt steel, the build quality was nice and sturdy. the paint finish on the bottom was a little lacky though, and looked like it was put down on something before fully dried. both ends was sealed with o-rings, and could be easily disasembled.
    the plate inside the res, to seperate the inlet and outlet was screwed in place with 2 acrylic screws. so no metal there either.

filter
    the little filter was a nice thing. dont know how much "dirt" it will catch in the system but the built quality of this was, as like the resevoir, really good. o-rings in both ends, and easy to disasemble for cleaning.

MO-RA stand
    i was worried that the stand wouldnt be sturdy enough, but when glued together it did the job perfect! now the last thing i need is to get some quick conectors on it that dosnt kill the flow. they are upcoming.

now.. for the pics!
    as you will notice, then i put 2 leds behind the resevoir, and i plan on bying some more fluid so that i can get it fully filled. the whole loop contains 1.4L of fluid excactly! the mora is taking alot alone xD

with case ligting alone

with resevoir ligt

without

resevoir light alone

as you can see on the "string" inside the res there is plenty of flow. the "string" is a bouble thats on the way to the surface xD

the new gfx looks 1000 times better than the old! damn i need to fill that res up fully:/

i really really love this pic!

as many have said "why not a bigger window!?!" well... i just like the original little window. and if people wants to se whats inside they will just have to get closer;P

dark room

the reason it looks that dark is beacuse the window is black acrylic

thats it fokes i might have some outdoor shots when the weather is for it!

enjoy!

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]