Default Re: New SimCity!

looks amazing!

Local laser guy! Collinstheclown's Avatar

Shut up and take my money!

Bahaha that's like my favorite line I use it all the time, ask TLHarrel
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw
    Will have another Aldersan pic in a bit.

Myrmidon

I hate EA, so I don't know what I'm going to do about this. Also, no Will Wright. Also, it's EA, so bad DRM. Also, it's EA, so the price will be insanely high and never come down on Steam.

Of course, to rebut myself, the online aspect looks cool (although it means that cheat codes are probably all gone), and it would be fun to play with a bunch of you guys or my brother in a region.

And really, it's still being developed by Maxis, who I love, but published by EA, who I hate, so it may be alright yet, if EA doesn't ruin the distribution.

Custom Title Honors

Looks like it will be quite a bit better then previous versions. Still can't get over the random crashes SC4 RH has...
    And it looks like its the same price as every other game release. Pre-order $60, Pre-order deluxe $80. What happened to the day of variable pricing?

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_...ThemeID.718200

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

I think it's hard to say, "same as every other release." I'm still in the world where games I'm very very excited for have a limit of $50. I will not pay $60 for any title. It's crazy. $50 is my max. For most games, I wait 'til they drop below the $20 mark. For games with lots of DLC, I'll wait until the entire pack is less than $20.

Second, I'm a big Steam guy. These other companies trying to do their own thing are too late to the game in my book. I have a 161 titles in my Steam library, I'm not going to go to something else unless they can really offer me something, like insanely better pricing.

Dammit... I hate EA. I'll probably wait until I can buy it used somewhere so they don't get any money from me, at least. And it'll be good to wait anyways to see the reviews.. because.. you know, it's EA.

SPORE: NEVER FORGET. lol

Custom Title Honors

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    I think it's hard to say, "same as every other release." I'm still in the world where games I'm very very excited for have a limit of $50. I will not pay $60 for any title. It's crazy. $50 is my max. For most games, I wait 'til they drop below the $20 mark. For games with lots of DLC, I'll wait until the entire pack is less than $20.

Second, I'm a big Steam guy. These other companies trying to do their own thing are too late to the game in my book. I have a 161 titles in my Steam library, I'm not going to go to something else unless they can really offer me something, like insanely better pricing.
    I agree. I don't have near that many titles on steam, but steam is the shiznit (for a lot of stuff). lol

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::