Thread: Review: NZXT Switch 810 Hybrid Case

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Review: NZXT Switch 810 Hybrid Case

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=683]Review: NZXT Switch 810 Hybrid Case[/drupal]

By Will Lyon

Every case manufacturer has a variety of cases. In addition to standard cases each one has their flagship case. It's their pride and joy. It's the one that has the most features and supports the most hardware. Today we'll be looking at NZXT's new flagship - the Switch 810. Read more...

Unlocked/Overclocked/Never Stock

Default Re: Review: NZXT Switch 810 Hybrid Case

Excellent review. Just an FYI, though, NZXT has been rocking the stealth bays for a while now; my old M59 has one, though it's not nearly as well executed as the one on the Switch 810. I love the clean look a stealth bay gives, but the main disadvantage on the M59 is that it pushes the DVD drive back where you can't mount a second 140mm fan on top (even a 120mm just barely fits). Looks like NZXT fixed that problem with the Switch, though, so I'm definitely interested in this case.
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...e.php?u=555808

Quote Originally Posted by RogueOpportunist View Post
    In my experience the vast majority of "tech problems" are ID-10-T errors, usually caused by a nut loose on the keyboard.

I had no idea that they'd done them in the past. Either way it's very well planned and executed

It is a nice looking case. I can't help but laugh when I look at the features of most of the cases on the market and see those unique little features that were designed by modders. Everything from the various ventilation designs, behind the MB wall wiring harness, LED lit accents, radiator bays, and stealthed drives, hell even side panel windows were spawned from some modder in his basement thinking this stuff up. I love that the case modder community is source of originality in this industry.

That top vent is interesting, I think it would be cool to have that motorized with a small PIC controlled that lets you program it to open and close with power up/down as well as always closed or open. Pretty cool features altogether though.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Unlocked/Overclocked/Never Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    That top vent is interesting, I think it would be cool to have that motorized with a small PIC controlled that lets you program it to open and close with power up/down as well as always closed or open. Pretty cool features altogether though.
    Hmmm...methinks we have another project idea on our hands! Seriously, I think it's a great idea, maybe even enhance it a bit so the amount the vent is open changes based on temperature from a probe, like the louvers in Tempest SXR.

However, to prevent further thread derailing, I'll just start a new thread over in the Idea Zone.
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...e.php?u=555808

Quote Originally Posted by RogueOpportunist View Post
    In my experience the vast majority of "tech problems" are ID-10-T errors, usually caused by a nut loose on the keyboard.

Very good write up on this case. It's a beauty. Lots of potential.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

That's actually seriously impressive. NZXT has quite a case here.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

What a beautiful case!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Will a 240 rad fit inside the back of the case? Or will it hit the 360 rad on top?

a 240 won't fit, there's only room for a single 120 fan there anyhow. a single 120 rad will fit on the inside, 120 or 140 on the ouside