Thread: Dual ATI 5870 Video Cards, CrossfireX/eyefinity

Default Dual ATI 5870 Video Cards, CrossfireX/eyefinity

I'd like to get $425 for the pair, thought I'd try here before putting them on ebay. These are pretty hard to find and they run like monsters. I could run 3 monitors in eyefinity on nearly full settings on Skyrim and a little less on BF3, but still beautiful. There is a video below showing them in action. Shipping in on me within the US, international is your responsibility.

SPECS:

SAPPHIRE 100281VXSR Radeon HD 5870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

XFX HD-587X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5870 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 01-28-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Default Re: Dual ATI 5780 Video Cards, CrossfireX/eyefinity

Was there a catalyst or driver update that let you do the 5000 series in crossfire and eyefinity? I thought you couldn't do crossfire eyefinity until the 6000 series . . .

These card can do Eyefinity...the product page lists that info too..Here's a list of the series that can (from ATI's support page):
    AMD Radeon™ HD 6870 GPUs
    AMD Radeon™ HD 6850 GPUs
    ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 GPUs
    ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series GPUs
    ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series GPUs
    ATI Radeon™ HD 5670 GPUs
    ATI Radeon™ HD 5500 Series GPUs
    ATI Radeon™ HD 5450 GPUs
    ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5400 Series or higher GPUs
    Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    measure for two days.
    cut once.
    In the pipeline: PRO-49776

Quote Originally Posted by Neodymium View Post
    These card can do Eyefinity...the product page lists that info too..Here's a list of the series that can (from ATI's support page):
    AMD Radeon™ HD 6870 GPUs
    AMD Radeon™ HD 6850 GPUs
    ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 GPUs
    ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series GPUs
    ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series GPUs
    ATI Radeon™ HD 5670 GPUs
    ATI Radeon™ HD 5500 Series GPUs
    ATI Radeon™ HD 5450 GPUs
    ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5400 Series or higher GPUs
    I knew that they could do eyefinity, but i'm talking about crossfire + eyefinity. I thought that was limited to the newest cards.

Default Re: Dual ATI 5870 Video Cards, CrossfireX/eyefinity

Nope, they did eyefinity in crossfire with very good scaling. I haven't personally compared them to 6000 series but I have read that the 5870 out performs most of them except the 6900 series. I just picked up a 7970 or I wouldn't be selling them. I went through all my games looking for limits and they played everything in eyefinity on full blast except BF3 and Skryim, has to toggle them down a tad but they played almost full steam.

Forgot to mention that I have broken them down and cleaned them inside and out, new thermal pasted replaced and de-dusted,
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 01-29-2012 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    Nope, they did eyefinity in crossfire with very good scaling. I haven't personally compared them to 6000 series but I have read that the 5870 out performs most of them except the 6900 series. I just picked up a 7970 or I wouldn't be selling them. I went through all my games looking for limits and they played everything in eyefinity on full blast except BF3 and Skryim, has to toggle them down a tad but they played almost full steam.

Forgot to mention that I have broken them down and cleaned them inside and out, new thermal pasted replaced and de-dusted,
    That's good to hear. It must be something they did in a recent update because when I got my own 6950 I chose it because the 5000 series didn't do crossfire eyefinity at the time.

Also, I'm super jealous hearing you have a 7970. I'm wanting to get another 6950 or 6970 so I can get some of my own crossfire eyefinity going on, but even better than that would be a 7970. But . . . have no money, haha.

mentally overclocked Cale_Hagan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    That's good to hear. It must be something they did in a recent update because when I got my own 6950 I chose it because the 5000 series didn't do crossfire eyefinity at the time.

Also, I'm super jealous hearing you have a 7970. I'm wanting to get another 6950 or 6970 so I can get some of my own crossfire eyefinity going on, but even better than that would be a 7970. But . . . have no money, haha.
    they have always supported eyefinity on the 5870. i used to have 2 crossfired, sold one, now selling the other on my thread, haha. and yes, performance wise, the 5870 is better than the 6870, in every respect except for tessellation. and the 5870 supports up to four single 5870's, whereas the 6870 will only do two cards in crossfire. that's what im running, atm. 2-6870's in xfire.
    "The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.” -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoNED
    Any contest that lacks integrity is no contest at all

Is there any interest in these? Otherwise I will go ahead on put them on ebay.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

If I wasn't broke, I would snatch them up. Might just go ahead and throw them up on ebay, and post a link here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

I'm officially not interested. Not because I don't like you or because they are bad cards, but because I have little money and a 6950 that's doing a pretty good job. So yeah, ebay could work out for you.