Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Project: Urgentfury

Shut up and take my money!

Default Re: Project: Urgentfury

Here, to solve your pci-e cable troubles! http://pcpartsandmore.ecrater.com/p/...ee-right-angle
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw
    Will have another Aldersan pic in a bit.

Myrmidon

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Re: Project: Urgentfury

Almost two years from my last update...

Ran an AMD A10-5800K and a Biostar motherboard the past 6mo, was having issues with it so I switched over to the intel equivalent of my AMD mobo (Biostar, same series) and an i5-3570K.

After breaking the stock cooler fan on the 550 Ti, I decided to go Arctic and put a Twin Turbo Accelero II in there.

Also fitted a Freezer i30 on to the new CPU, to finish the whole Arctic cooling trend. They're both awesome coolers and I'm hugely pleased.

So, let's run down the current build:

Biostar T-Overclocker series Motherboard, Intel Z77 chipset
    Intel Core i5-3570K (Unlocked) w/ Arctic Cooling Freezer i30
    eVGA GTX 550 Ti w/ Arctic Cooling Twin Turbo Accelero II
    8gb G.Skill DDR3 RAM, 4x2gb
    Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD, Barracuda 250GB HDD and some WD 160GB HDD
    Cooler Master 850W PSU

Unfortunately I feel like the Stacker is getting a bit dated in terms of looks, and the GTX 550Ti is getting a bit dated in terms of performance. I've been looking at Radeon R9 270Xs, Gigabyte makes one that already has a really hardcore HSF combo on it which would be nice since I can't find another GPU cooler that's pretty much on par with the Accelero.

Also been looking at more straightforward cases -- The Stacker is nice but a bit too "pre-modded" for my tastes. I think it'd be nice to get a really plain, simple case and just do a straightforward, clean build. Good cable management, color coordination, etc.

Pics:

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"