Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Unnamed

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Project: Silver Dawn

Wheee~

Alright so my other box's "project" has "begun".

I still need ideas though. It's a standard Mid ATX case, white tower, etc, with a fully functional system in it (running redhat9). So, give me ideas =D i am planning on doing a window of some sort (i already put the masking take on the side) and some sort of (blue or green) illumination. I also hope to paint the case, and do something with the front, like a blowhole (inspired by Defyant, of course). Since all the drive bay covers are missing, i figure i can either make some custom covers or fill the space with something else, like a LCD screen (although my budget wouldn't be able to afford it).

I get 50$ every two weeks or so, so that means that my budget is a mere trickle and this project may take a LONG time to finish.

Also, what i have been wanting to do is either a really clean case with nice flowing lines, or a sort of aged case with that "indrustial" look.

Also, i have access to (either 18 or 26) gague sheetmetal, a brake, a spotwelder (and poprivets), a Dremel, a plethora of scrap wood (oh, and a bunch of scrap metal too), And i could probably snag some paint from a friend.

Also, i want to have an innovative start button setup (like, a 3 stage arming sequence). Also at my disposal is an old and much smaller Compaq case (nothing in it), and a mid-ATX frame (with 5.25", 3.5" drive bays, pw/reset/LED switch arrangement, but no mobo tray.

Hopefully that gave you all a vague idea of what i want it to look like, as i can't get pics (broken camera /cry). Also, if you would like, you can design something too, and i might/might not use it, and if i do, i will probably add my own twist =D

Omega OUT

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Default Re: Project: Unnamed

Why not play about with google sketchup? I've been messing around with it, pretty sweet little program

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

subscribed

Dave: i actually have gSketchup, but not the time to get too horribly into it. Hopefully, however, all my ideas will actually come together.

Keep in mind that this will be my first mod, and it will also take a long time to get started, and even after that, it will still probably be a long time before i finish. Especially with project NESPC starting the development phase...

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs

I've decided to do a silver-ish and dark blue/grey theme and call the mod "Project: Argent Dawn". That's only a color scheme at this point, however, but i also plan for it to be a very clean case.

-Omega

Aaaaalright.

I have money.

Bondo should come soon.

I hope to also do a 120mm fan intake/blowhole mod much like Defyant's on the HPR computers. It will probably be very similar.

-Omega

Okay. Said money has disappeared, Said bondo hasn't been acquired.

I went to go pick up an Iron Maiden album, spent 20$ for it, and when we got home, turned out that the other 30$ i had, and the old videocard out of Argent Dawn had been taken.

Arg. Dawn has a new videocard (The same kind as before; we have like 20 of those ****ers), but i am still out 30$ and short bondo.

Anywho, i am going to get to designing the window layout. Possibly take off the front bezel and find centerlines/align it with the hard drive rack/take out the buttons and LED's for new ones.

If anybody has bondo or cash(USD only) for bondo, that they wanna give me, PM me for my address.

I also gotta find some of that PVC pipe that is in my house somewhere.

EDIT: I also might not use a 120mm fan for the front; another frame i have (Literally a frame with a front bezel, no side panels or mobo tray) has a HD rack with two 80mm fan mounts in front of it (And that would be new and unique, to the extent of my knowledge).

EDIT TWO:
    It's working, agian. =p

Drew out a rough idea where the window will go, but it's not final, still have to go over it with a ruler to make everything precise and straight...

Also, wrote little notes like "Enlarge this (It's only 80mm!)" (Talking about a fanhole), and "MOD ME PLZ" on the PSU, etc.

If only i could use the damned camera...

Just a quick update; i am going to clean up and kind of redo the lines on for the window then take pictures of it all

=]

Picture time!

woo!

Alright.

All images are thumbnails, btw...

Side panel, marked out and masked. Not much more to explain.

Side panel and top on, classic 3/4ths frontal shot.

Internal shot. Notice the IDE Cables? That was partially inspired by Orac3. Also, it looks cool, in my opnion.

Socket A! Far left is the dual-80mm-fan-on-a-single-3-pin-connector thing i made for Cavalier, but took out due to the fact that Cavalier is cramped. You can also see the metal weave stuff over the IDE cable.

Argent Dawn next to Proj: Cavalier. ArgDawn looks so innocent....

maximan1

Interesting mod...but I still don't get what you're trying to achive here. Thats why I'm subscribing to this one. Good luck!