Thread: USB light switch or fan switch??

Default USB light switch or fan switch??

What I'm looking for is something that I can use that will turn on or off the lighting in my case without reaching to the back of the case and turning it off I want it to be more like a program on my computer with the ON or OFF option that i can just click off and on i figured this would most likely be a usb device anyone know of anything this would be great

Default Re: USB light switch or fan switch??

http://www.pjrc.com/store/teensypp_pins.html

is something like this what im looking for??

Welcome to TBCS!

If I am reading that right, I believe that is Arduino based. You could use that. I am not sure what your level of electronics is, but it would just be a matter of figuring out your circuit design and a bit of programming.

Another option thats a little more plug-n-play would be Phidgets.

There is a 4 port relay board:
    http://www.phidgets.com/products.php...duct_id=1014_2

and if you need more then 4 there is an 8 relay board as well:
    http://www.phidgets.com/products.php...duct_id=1017_1

If you go Phidget route I would be extremely interested in your outcome, since I have been eyeing them for the exact same purpose.

Hope this helps!

Dunnow how much you're looking to spend, but this has a usb interface. And its from corsair so i'm sure they will have full and awesome support for it.

http://www.corsair.com/corsair-link/...link-kits.html
    Not dead yet

my idea was to replace the "light switch" in the back on my case with something i can us a program to turn on and off... just soldering the wires from the switch onto a board and have the program know that on means on and off means off, but i have no programming skills at all the hardware i can do just not the software solder red wire to + and white to - is no problem...

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Could just do what i did and mount all your switches to a blank 5.25" panel and mount that in your CD-rom bay.

now all my fans and lights are easily adjustable and turned on/off/effect via that little panel, and if you sammich two old CD-Rom cases together it'll hold your relays rectifiers resistors and what not in a neat little box.

mounting the switches to the front of my case (HAF-932) just pops up really ugly in my head

and i do not want switches I want it all programmed usb so i open a program to turn it on or off wether this is possible and how is all i need to know

Custom Title Honors

everything is possible. it's just a matter of how good are you at programming. since you said you're not, what you are really asking is there anything ready made that will do what you want. well, there are few posts just above that link to items that look like they'll do it.

although switches on the front would be easiest and with the right switches it can look very tasteful.

WWMD- What Would MacGyver Do? Mark_Hardware's Avatar

/\ What he said. Plus, there are a plethera of ways to stealth a switch, if so desired. Maybe rewire your reset button? If you're running a Windows machine, how often do you really need to use that button anyways?
    My name is Mark Hardware, and I approved this message.

Project; Mark1
    (On hold until......)