Thread: new case concept

Default new case concept

this i sjust a concept so lemme know what ya think.
    its not gonna be some crazy mod, but it will be a decent looking one once finished.
    it is going to look sorta like this only in black and red...this is my pc at present..

dont mind the mess, or the wires, i rebuilt it yesterday and thera re only 3 wires visible now. anyway, im gonna paint the gills and mesh onthe front a bright red (the parts that are blue up front on the pic) and paintthe entire interior of the case the same red. use a slot loading dvd burnerr or stealth a tray loader, cut out the honeycomb grill on the side and put a plexi window there with "Predator" etched into the bottom section of the window with red leds to light it up. then make the blue/silver case the same way and have a matched pair of cases. one for games the other for everything else. it setup for the black one will be my current pc. which is a p4 2.8 northwood 800fsb w/ HT, thermalright XP120, 2 Gb pc3200 ram (gonna get new sticks, im running kingston valueram right now) 2 74 GB raptors in raid, hiper 580W psu, and my current video card, a 9600 xt 256mb will be replaced with an agp x1600xt 512mb (im not quite ready for pcie yet )
    i will also be replacing the blue led onthe front fo the black case witha set or red lazer leds and lighting the mesh with a set of leds as well.

lemme know what ya think.
    Lith

Welder Of Aluminum bartvandenberg's Avatar

Default Re: new case concept

look into replacing that motherboard. agp video cards are much more expensive now. you could use the money you save on the gpu to buy a new motherboard. you will be much happier in the long run. trust me.

and.. just so you know .. kingston valueram kicks ass. some people dont like it cauise its value ram, but ive got 2 gig sticks, running at 2.5.3.3.7 at 220mhz rock stable instead of 3.3.3.8 at 200mhz. you wont notice a performance increase anyway. but its up to you. i myself would save the ram, and spend the extra on a pcie card, new mobo, and better cpu. but.. thats just me.

i do like it. and this system isnt my gaming rig, it will be my multipurpose rig, im waiting for the new intel chips to come out to make my gaming setup.

and since i already have a thread for my new ideas. i am thinking about making a lighthouse case for my mom for her birthday. i was thinking housing the mobo and goodies in the tower and having like a 17"lcd built into a "keepers quarters" type thing and have a sliding panel to cover it up when it isnt in use. im not real sure how it will work out, but its an idea. if anyone has done anything like that, i would love to take a look, anything i can do to make the fab easier works out for me.

umm wouldnt that lighthouse have to be 10 feet tall to house the lcd screen?

Im not sure if it would work but at the local antiques mall in my area they have some old props from some play or another. One is a castlewall and the other is a 12 foot tall log. They are both made from a wodden frame covered in a heavy canvas and they have some glue or somthing on it. It felt like paper mache (is that right?...). With the tree prop, they crumpled up the canvas to give it a bark like appearance. Very intresting and light way to do somthing like that. I think it could be done for a lighthouse of the size im thinking of. Probably smaller aswell.

there are some lighthouses where the keepers quarters are around 70% as tall as the lighthouse tower itself. so it wouldnt have to be very tall, but its gonna be around 2-1/2 ~3 feet tall.