Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Pokemon Cards

Default Re: Wanted: Pokemon Cards

Actually. PM sent
    Not dead yet

I have to go back home sometime this winter, probably Christmas. I'm pretty sure I gave it away, but I had a first edition original holo Charizard. I traded like 3x its value in cards for it way back in like 1998. The moment I got it, it went into one of those special card frames.

Now I can't remember if it was one of the cards I gave away a long time ago, or if it is still framed in my trunk in the attic. For some reason I feel like it was one of the ones I gave away, and put another card into the frame just so it wasn't empty. You'd think I would have brought it with me like I did the rest of the cards.

Looks like I'm going to be crawling through the attic Christmas day. Based on the prices on ebay, if I do have it, that will have to be taken to an appraiser. Those things go for money now.

Eh, why am I getting my hopes up, I think it was given away. I'm pretty sure I gave it away when I gave away my 1st edition Venasaur and Blastoise. I still remember how those were the only three cards I went out of my way as a kid to get. Dumped a ton of my paper route money on those things, haha.

the Charzard is worth ~400 USD if it's Mint (9 psa or higher), Shadowless (First ED) and base set (Base 2 reprinted this card, throwing a lot of people off) If its not 1st ed its worth ~40

Edit, take back that ~40 usd quote, heres a link to troll and toad ( pokemon trading gurus

Base set czard
    http://www.trollandtoad.com/p148917.html

Base set 2 czard (AKA the reprint)
    http://www.trollandtoad.com/p149710.html
    Not dead yet

All three were base set first editions. I bough Venasaur and Blastoise at the local comic / card shop for quite a bit of money. All I needed was Charizard. They had one, but a kid I knew that knew I was saving for it, had his rich parents go in and buy it for him out of the blue for no reason.

He just used it to gloat. He didn't want money for it. In the end I traded nearly all my base set rares and holos for it.

I gave away most of my cards back in 04-05 I believe. I hadn't heard much of anything from anyone about Pokemon cards, so assumed they didn't have any value. I'm not even sure why I kept the ones I did. Shrug.

Now to figure out if any of these old Yu-Gi-Oh cards, or these bags of HeroClix are worth anything, or if they are even just something someone would want just to play around with.

Went up in the attic and found the case that had the cards. Turns out my brother must either have or have lost some good money cards as I found the old list I had and it was the first edition base set Charizard holo, but it isn't in the case. I swapped the case cards with some of the extras after I gave the rest to him.

What was in the case was a base set Charizard holo (not first edition), Mew Promo card, base set Alakazam holo. The other side was three full holo Japanese fake cards.

Lol... if you found a czard let me know. lol, even if its not a 1st edition
    Not dead yet

I definitely have the charizard. I'll toss some pics up tomorrow of what was found.

Awesome, I'll be watching.
    Not dead yet

Something came up today. Will do my best to get it up tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    Something came up today. Will do my best to get it up tomorrow.
    Lol. you can just shoot me an email with the attachments instead of shooting it up on the forum.
    Not dead yet