Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a place to put thoughts for build

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: Need a place to put thoughts for build

Looks like the same battery I have that is currently a paper weight. If they are good, I think they could be used in the cooler pad in series to increase the overall capacity.

a pm has been sent.

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

I'd have to ask my brother, though, as they are his batteries.

PS: PM did not go through.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Custom Title Honors

Ok, cool.

Lol, sorry, I just sent the pm.

*update*
    As I sit at my desk. I realize I could pull apart my 2.1 7W but they are already mediocre in their oe enclosure.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16836183037

*update 2*
    After playing with VLC (which I can't get to save the eq settings) and Windows sound I found some audio settings. Using the Speaker properties, you can set "enhancements", bass boost, virtual surround, room correction, loudness equalization. Turning on the bass boost with a +24dB and a cutoff at 50Hz, this eagle 2.1 came to life in the low end. I know its not saying much but the rumble of the tackles in Waterboy have some depth to it and my desk rumbles a little now. I still have the heat issues and wasn't able to test an hd with dts sound though. Overall, if the 21w sub works anything like this setup, I will be quite happy.

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Custom Title Honors

I have speakers on its way. I won 2 "new" Dell AS501 Sound bars for 20.50 shipped.

Anyone have info on the XSPC X2O 200 Single Bay Reservoir/Pump Combo?
    I read a lot of mixed reviews. Seems the biggest issue is that people don't fill the res completely and/or the pump is too powerful for the small res and will cause a "funnel" and suck in air which causes excess noise from the pump.

I can get one slightly less then the online retailers are selling for. It's listed as "new" and comes with the silver and black bezel.

*update*
    Scratch that, i found one for 38+shipping from sidewinder computers. Still not sure on quality but would be a perfect combo for this build.

Also, I found the screw info I need. I need PM2.5mm x ~10mm. The OE screws for the OE HS is PM2.5mm x 5mm. I will either need a washer 6-8mm in diameter or a screw with a head 6-8mm diameter. To know 100%, I will have to wait until I get the new block which will be shaved down from the soldering and to make it flat again. original thickness was 1/4" (6.35mm). Im guessing it will still be at least 4mm + original 5mm depth +the block doesn't have give like the original mounting.

Custom Title Honors

Update to the parts list.

Today:
    Received both waterblocks with 1/4" barbs
    Picked up 10' of 1/4" ID (3/8" OD) Tubing
    Picked up 8' of 1/16"x1/2"x1/2" angle aluminum

Total parts on hand or in route:
    2x Water Blocks
    2x Copper Blocks
    1x 10' Tubing
    1x 8' angle aluminum
    1x AS501 speakers
    1x 3" 21W Subwoofer
    80mm fan

Still need to get:
    Mesh
    Acrylic (still in debate. used for sides)
    U channel aluminum 1/16"
    Screws M2.5mm
    12v adapter for pump and accessories
    Pump/Res Combo

Custom Title Honors

update

Looks like I can't use the CA-4100 subwoofer board and speaker. I was hoping to maybe get away with slightly "modding" the board to work with an input and power source only. I think the volume controls in the right speaker which go through the sub are going to prevent me from using it. Also, I don't think I have the power adapter anymore and tried 2 different 12v adapters. One gave off a horrible pulsing noise, the other nothing.

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

IIRC, the pulsing from speakers means the polarity of the power adapter is reversed.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Custom Title Honors

hm. good to know. Didn't realize they did that with them. thought there was maybe some standardization but that would just be silly. That means the one that just did nothing was probably the right polarity but not enough amperage. It was just a external hdd adapter.

Thanks, I'll have to look out for another adapter then.
    Outlaw

Custom Title Honors

update

Got the 2x AS501 today. Must say, I am impressed with them.

Shut up and take my money!

I've got a dual bay res with the 655 internal pump mount from xspc, and it's nice! only problem I have is that it's a bit too small for the bays, so it wiggles a bit, but other than that I haven't had any issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw
    Will have another Aldersan pic in a bit.

Myrmidon