Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Need a place to put thoughts for build

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: Need a place to put thoughts for build

Well, I won a cooler.

I should have one of these on their way in the next couple days

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Good deal!

Custom Title Honors

yeah. Was able to win it for 18bucks w/o shipping. which isn't bad.

I might try this with the stock block on it to see if it works as hoped. Maybe just be able to through some sinks on the gpu and call it a day. lol

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Custom Title Honors

YEY!!! Got the cooler today and just opened the box. This thing is actually bigger then the pics lead you to believe. lol

Any one interested for some pics, let me know.

Outlaw

Custom Title Honors

lol, and here I thought Aldersan would do more then lurk and be the one to post that, lol

"I will have an alsersan pic in a bit", lol

**updated**
    I got some pics but it seems the cooler is either not new as stated or leaked before shipping (no mess in either box). The pump sounds like an electric razor as well.

I am using the laptop right now at 2.1Ghz with cpu at 49-55c with only copper block and water block. there is no pump/fan running right now over it. I have a copper block with copper ram hs and orginal cpu fan putting the gpu at 53c.

GRRRRR

Custom Title Honors

Ok, new day, new update

got some distilled water and topped the res off. BTW- what a PITA. It took me and my wife doing it with a 1/4" hose attached to port and a syringe. She filled the tube with some water and I had to blow it into the res until full....

BUT

After filling the res and turning it on, it made a world of a difference. Typing this now on the laptop its at 45-47c.

Guess what. tapping the case where the pump is kicked out a bunch of air and brought the temp down already to 41-43c. ooooooo 39-40c now!! hey, i think its working now, lol. I can actually feel the hose getting warm now. I'll get some pics in a few min.

**update**
    literally only a couple min after click submit to this post, it started to sound like a razor again and shot out a crap load of bubbles. I'll have to get the res topped again. The temp is now down to 20c.

I takes between 30 minutes and 1 hour to get all the air bubbles out. But if your tubes are going a weird way it will never get all the bubbles out. Pics would be great and someone might be able to help.

I had that problem yesterday watercooling my folding rig. I had to change where the tubing went and now its great.

Custom Title Honors

Here is a screenshot of the cooler working.

idle @ 2.1Ghz today

idle @ 800Mhz yesterday

720P video playback @ 2.1Ghz today

720P video playback @ 2.1Ghz yesterday

cooler sitting on laptop for size comparison.

cooler next to laptop for thickness comparison

I know the issue. This is meant to sit upright not on its side. I had the exact same issue last night with a DD res. I have it on its side with the inlet and outlet on the same side. Air was getting sucked in when it shouldn't have. That slowed down my pump because it sensed the air and got super loud.