Thread: Severely dropped my temps - cpu & mobo

Fresh Paint

Default Severely dropped my temps - cpu & mobo

had a small mid tower that barely fit what i had, heres the before pic - also including the old corsair H60 that i returned for a H100 shortly after

heres my awesome workbench / work area

and heres the after product - changed into Corsair Carbide 500R Case with a new corsair 1050w PSU and newly installed corsair H100 maintenence free liquid cooling system..

dropped my idle mobo temps from 39C to 28C and my AMDx6 1055T O.C. at 3.5ghz used to get close to overheating at 63C after twenty minutes of prime95 but now the CPU doesnt go above 50C after hours of prime95 and the mobo still stays nice and frosty. i havent tested gpu temps but im absolutely positive that it has improved with this case's 200m side fan installed.. the only thing im concerned about is the fan control button on the case doesnt appear to control the fans i have it plugged in to.. oh well.. can't wait to modify this H100 into a custom loop with a res. - need more money first!

PS this was my first time trying to hide my wires lol

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: Severely dropped my temps - cpu & mobo

Nice.

Obviously the new case has much better cooling options, but the wire management in the first case was probably not helping anything.

With such a large case now, are you planning to add more hardware beside the custom WC loop? Seems like lots of wasted space if not although that is just room for more air flow.

Nice job on the new case.
    Outlaw

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Default Re: Severely dropped my temps - cpu & mobo

way way way cleaner.

and the job you do with the TMI can make more of a difference then almost anything else.

I've seen big bad coolers posting higher temperatures then my compact cooler just because that person simply squeezed some paste out on the processor and slapped it on with out a care.

take your time do it right and use as little as possible and you would be surprised at the temperatures you can achieve.