Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Alder's New Case!

Shut up and take my money!

Default Re: Alder's New Case!

But hes getting snow ed for free..snow > regular but this isn't taking into account your modding skills either
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw
    Will have another Aldersan pic in a bit.

Myrmidon

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

[pointless rant, was frustrated, not thinking straight]
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    yea well I got my Level 10 GT for FREE too and I don't have to wait till November lol
    Actually, I have too many mods going on right now, so I told them I don't want it till Nov. Anyway, no more crapping on this thread.

+Rep for all the pretty white inside the case
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    I envy ALL of you!

People are practically GIVING you things! It almost feels that I am being ignored.

TGS, you HAVE done a major help for me, and I thank you greatly for that.
    Other TBCS mods have promised me other things, but at the current rate, I'm not getting it any time soon, if at all.

I know, sponsorship is how you get the stuff. However, I'm in a Catch 22. In order to get parts, I need sponsors, due to a lack of funds. However, you need some hardware in order to sponsor.

I have read some advice on sponsorship, but none have given me sufficient information as to what to (not) say.

I don't mean to offend anyone; I just felt like I needed to vent. With being Autistic and dealing with a HORRIBLY CRUDDY public education system telling to (direct quote) "You just need to grow out of it and become 'normal'" AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

*sigh* Feeling somewhat better now. Still needing hardware, though.
    PM me

Woo thanks TGS! Got me my second green box thingy :p

Myrmidon

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

PM sent, Fuga.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

So, I've done some work over the past few months.

I ordered a few square feet of some white carbon fiber vinyl, that stuff is awesome! I covered the visible sides of my PSU in my case, as well as putting some on my mouse and keyboard. The PSU was basically solid black, in a black case, and the white gives it a bit of contrast and character, even if you only see it when it's open As for the keyboard and mouse, they were both solid black with blue LEDs, so I figured making them black and white with blue lights matches the black and white case with blue lights! Pics will be up soon.

I'm still trying to decide what to do with the huge empty space next to the PSU. Right now, my cable management is awesome, so there's just a giant gap there. I tried putting a fan there, which it's made for, but it seemed to add a LOT of noise. Maybe it was simply the fan I was using, but I'm using my good quiet fans already for the rads.

If anyone has any ideas, TELL ME! I love constructive ideas/criticism/anything really

My friend managed to grab me that PSOne LCD screen, but he hasn't been able to ship it out to me yet. As far as plans for that, I want to put that in right underneath the headset holder, in the black mesh area. It "should" fit, but I'll know more once I get the actual screen. I picked up a car adapter for the screen, that converts it from 12v to whatever the screen needs (too lazy to look it up) so I can hopefully figure out how to just pop a molex plug on instead of the car port thingy, to power it. As for displaying stuff...still working on that I've found a few guides for hooking it up to vga, and I've got a few VGA to DVI converters since my 580 doesn't have VGA lol. If possible, I might try to use an old crappy graphics card to run that screen alone, but I haven't honestly messed with using two cards for two screens without SLI enough to know how I'll manage that.

But anyways, another novel written! Will make a shorter post in a bit, with some pictures of it's current status.

Let me know what you guys think, comments make me happy!

Myrmidon

Try making a PSU shroud that covers the entire bottom of the case using some 1/8" acrylic. You can hide all your cables in there. You could also pick up a cheap WC kit and go to to town!

Lol, ALL of my cables are hidden except for the 2" or so that each cable has to travel to one of the holes in the back plate. I thought about covering up the whole bottom, and tried doing a quick and dirty mock-up with some cardboard but it just didn't look right to me. Maybe I'll throw a mock-up of doing a shroud like that in one of my pictures when I get home.

And if by WC you mean watercooling, it is already watercooled. If you meant something else, clarification would be great

Myrmidon

Ya i meant watercooling.

I blanked on the case you had. You can make a shroud but its really not needed for that case now that I look at it. The window is super high. The only way to take up that room is to get a pump res combo and put it there on top of the shroud.