Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hummm... interesting leak...

Default Hummm... interesting leak...

Well I bought my EXPC X20 system. To be fair, it's pretty impressive what you get for the price... Anyway, have a small problem. Here's a copy of the email I sent them:

Quote Originally Posted by me
    Hey!

Recently purchased your complete kit, and i'm really pleased with it, execpt one thing. I have a leak...

Now I have tried just about everything, and i'm starting to get a little fustrated. The leak is coming from the wires that come out of the pump/res! It is circumstancial though. It only leakes when the pump is not running and the cap is on. If the cap to the pump is off, no problems, and if the system is running, again no problems. However, I cannot leave the system off with the cap done up! Not much good!

I'm rather concertain about the fact it is coming from the section with the wires, and the gel stuff that bonds the wires looks a little odd. It doesn't cover the entire section. In case I have lost you, i'm referring to the clear/milky sealent on the pump that holds the wires.

I have tried with different amount of coolant in the system, but to no avail. Filled right up I still get the leak, mostly filled still get a leak and if I leave it so the is some air in the system, again, it leaks. Anyway, any ideas would be appreciated as I cannot really use the computer in its current state. Thanks,

Nat
    Hummm... and my first modded PC was going so well Anyway, thought you guys may be able to shed some light on it! Thanks,

LoTech

Rankenphile

Default Re: Hummm... interesting leak...

?

lol, I like it. However, I do wanna be sure i'm not going to screw anything up, this is my main system and after all and I am a noob to modding You really think it's worth just putting in a temp fix?

Rankenphile

no, I was kidding.

ATX Mental Case

Yeah, you're probably going to have to either send the unit in or take it apart and tighten the hose near the pump suction end. The reason it wouldn't leak when the pump is on would be because it is pulling from the end that it is leaking and a tiny leak will only reveal itself under pressure. Putting the cap on puts pressure on the whole system and pushes a little bit of fluid from the leaking area.
    Visit my site --> Kansas City LAN and Tech Promo Site <--

Asus A8R-MVP
    AMD Athlon 64 3700+ (2.64ghz)
    ATI Saphire Radeon X1600 Pro x2 crossfire
    Corsair Twinx2048-3500LL

Okay, the pressure bit makes complete sense. However, I cannot tighten the leaking bit becuase its coming form the wires, not the tubing. By wires I mean the power wires... I don't think there is any way of tighening that bit, and it appears to be held in with a sealent, which (and I could be completely wrong) looks a little on the shabby side.... Thank!

LoTech

Right... the email they sent me:
    Quote Originally Posted by XSpc
    Hi Nat,
    It sounds like the pump has not been sealed correctly around the wires.

You can either use a sealant to re-seal the hole or you can the pump to us
    for a replacement.

XSPC (UK) Limited
    51 Viador
    Chester-Le-Street
    Co. Durham
    DH3 3TW

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards, Paul
    XSPC (UK) Limited
    So... looks like i'm probably going to do this myself as I don't think I can be bothered to send it off, then wait for the new part. So, any suggestions on a sealant to use?

Can we see a picture of the leaking part? I'm sure it would help.

Aha, a picture, what a cunning idea Definitly doesn't look right! (clicky for bigger)

Here is what i'd do in your situation...

Since the leak seems almost uncontrolable atm, i'd get some non-conductive cooling liquid so you wont fry your mobo. secondly, i'd find some good sealant and goop the crap out of the connector then put some heat shrink tube over that.

Or you can get your lawyer to call up the company and make a complaint for you (this works 99% of the time ) they'll probly give you a new part in a heartbeat.