Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: 73 monte carlo build up.

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Default Re: 73 monte carlo build up.

is your quarter panel mis-aligned? cause it looks like those two should line up.

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    is your quarter panel mis-aligned? cause it looks like those two should line up.
    No its not the quarter it is the fender. It's not out of alignment the head light bucket is just bent. I talked to the guy I bought it off of and he wants me to send it back to him so he can test to see if it is messed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

update

I hope everyone had a great christmas and a happy and safe new year.

now that that is out of the way lets get to the update.
    Sorry for the long wait everyone. It has been getting colder here and I can not work in my garage when it is cold out. Basically I am trying to do stuff slowly because of winter you can't paint or apply bondo when it is below 65. I will update like always with things I do. The front end of the car will pretty much be brand new considering both fender + the core support and grill are all new. I had the car out in the drive way last week when a guy working on my road came over and made me a generous offer i couldn't refuse. He derbies older cars and is willing to sell me a 454 Chevy big block for 50$ It hink when he gets on im going to take it.
    Now on to the pictures.

my smooth bondo work.

I still need to sand it down a bit more.

and add a bit more at the bottom.

one of the new fenders. I am getting a carbon fiber hood with my taxes.

This one I got for x-mas.

lastly i got the lights half working.

I have a crossed wire some where with the lights. when i hit the turn signal only one light blinks some of the time and other times they both blink.Hopefully ill get this fixed. Until next time guys. have a good winter

FRANKENSTEIN LIVES!!

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

If you can, get the block, and head casting numbers. Honestly, if they are junk casting, it probably would be easier to take the $50 somewhere else. Isn't worth it if you are replacing everything...

If I wanted to do a big block build, I'd find a tall deck 427 truck engine, and a good set of heads. The shorter stroke on the 427 makes them a beast. Has the torque, and the RPM's. Besides the Vortec 8100, the 427 is the only one I like... Id much rather build a stout small block that I can spin to 7k all day long.

Don't forget you are going to need to build a th400 to go with that BB...
    Current Projects
    -1979 Jeep DJ5 "Mail Jeep"
    -1981 Chevrolet K10

Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    If you can, get the block, and head casting numbers. Honestly, if they are junk casting, it probably would be easier to take the $50 somewhere else. Isn't worth it if you are replacing everything...

If I wanted to do a big block build, I'd find a tall deck 427 truck engine, and a good set of heads. The shorter stroke on the 427 makes them a beast. Has the torque, and the RPM's. Besides the Vortec 8100, the 427 is the only one I like... Id much rather build a stout small block that I can spin to 7k all day long.

Don't forget you are going to need to build a th400 to go with that BB...
    i thought i could just get a converter and bolt the 454 up to the the350. maybe it would be easier and more cost efficient if i just went back to buying a turn key motor. Thanks for your input. I greatly appreciate it.

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

If you get a 3 bolt flex plate, you don't even need a converter unless the stall isn't what you want.

It is mainly to do with strength. The th350 is weaker, and you'll spend a good bit of money making it stand up to anything but the most anemic 396... On the other hand, a th400 will stand up to it out of the box. You just sacrifice the lower first that the 350 has. You are making up for it with lower RPM torque of a BB.

Me, I'd probably run the th350 until it lets go. Hoping it burns up the converter, or clutches, and not breaking a shell, or shaft... Haha. Can't get it home with the ladder...

Regarding a rear. The GM 12 bolt (And 10) is a nice axle for mid power. You'll probably want to upgrade your suspension before you pop a 12 bolt... Building one is a set of shafts, C-clip eliminator, and a locker/posi.

The 9-inch is a mid power axle out of the box. The reason it has such a huge following is because of the aftermarket support. You can get anything for them! As well, they can be built to handle any power numbers... They also have the benefit of being able to swap gears easy. It is a viable option for a race team to have multiple carriers with them to change the ratio. Simple as popping tbe drive shaft, pull the shafts out a little, and unbolt the carrier. Probably 15 minutes...
    Current Projects
    -1979 Jeep DJ5 "Mail Jeep"
    -1981 Chevrolet K10