Thread: FM Transmitter, Scosche FMTD1

Default FM Transmitter, Scosche FMTD1

Here is the board

There is nothing tunable so it looks like everything to do with the broadcast is controlled on board. The only thing I can find right of the bat is it is the piece next to the usb connector which appears to be a rectifier but that is for the usb. I don't want to broadcast into the next car or anything stupid I just want it to work in my car like it is supposed to so if someone could point me to the proper area I can do the rest.... maybe.
    Last edited by Snowman; 08-31-2011 at 02:00 PM. Reason: fixed second image
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: FM Transmitter, Scosche FMTD1

what are you trying to do?

I just want to be able to get a decent signal to my radio with this. I either need to figure out which point is the antenna so i can simply add a little wire to it or bypass or modify whatever is limiting the transmission. I guarantee this isn't anywhere close to the fcc's max broadcasting power
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

I know one of the three legs on the audio connector should be the antenna so I am going to try that route first

Custom Title Honors

my best guess would be the pad to the left of the screen in the second pic.

found a bad solder joint on the transistor tried to fix it but the trace was pretty effed up we will see what happens at lunch.

Custom Title Honors

just solder a wire to the leg that has the effed up circuit trace and the other end to wherever it goes.