Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Cell Phone Provider & Plan

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Your Cell Phone Provider & Plan

So here's the deal. I'm not your average cell phone user. I rarely make phone calls and send maybe 10 texts per month. I have US Cellular as my provider and don't have texting in my plan. It's cheaper for me to pay by the text instead of an unlimited plan. Once in a great while I think it'll be handy if I had internet on my phone, like when I'm in the car and my GPS can't find a store that I know is there. I could just hop on the internet, check the store's webpage and get their address for my GPS. That would be about it. I may visit 5 pages a month.

I'm up for a plan change. I may stay with US Cellular, but have looked into Verizon. The family plan with unlimited talk and text for both my wife and I would be $100 and data would be extra. It looks like maybe another $30 per month for a basic internet plan.

I was wondering what plans you guys have and what you pay per month for that plan?
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Default Re: Your Cell Phone Provider & Plan

i spend all day on the phone at work, so i avoid the phone while home and other places.

i have a landline but no cell.

I don't use web access at all and rarely use texting, also don't make a ton of calls. I use verizon pre-paid for service. It's perfect for me but you'd have do do the math on how much you use to see if it would be a savings. It costs me $30 every 45 days or so. Occasionally if there's something going on I use it up faster. Just my 2 bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

I don't have a phone. Horrible, nasty things. I also don't go anywhere by myself for health reasons, and because I'm not allowed to drive. Therefore, someone with me always has one on the rare instance I can find use for it.

I'm thinking of modding my old G1 into my latest case. I need an internal USB hub...
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

I have Verizon for me and my wife. I pay just shy of $150 a month for unlimited voice, text and data.

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

AT&T might be merging with T-Mobile... you can get an iPhone! We all know how much you love Apple products.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzKillington View Post
    AT&T might be merging with T-Mobile... you can get an iPhone! We all know how much you love Apple products.
    pssst...Buzz, Verizon has iPhones too, just an FYI. Must have happened when you were trapped in that temporal vortex a few months ago. Alright, alright, spent my entire day watching Star Trek Voyager, so my brain is processing terms from that, still kind of humorous though.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

iCrap you mean? Get an Android phone! iPhones are for simpletons, not computer geeks.

mentally overclocked Cale_Hagan's Avatar

sprint sero which is a discontinued plan, i recently upgraded it from 30 a month for unlimited text data, and 600 minutes or so to a 40 dollar one where i could get any phone i wanted. it used to be only select *cough* windows *cough* phones, but for 10 bucks extra you could get any phone. i choose a 4g epic, and 4g is 10 extra, as well. so 50 bucks for a 4g phone, with unlimited data and texting, and about 600 minutes.
    "The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.” -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoNED
    Any contest that lacks integrity is no contest at all

I pay a little under $100 on a grandfathered family plan, with t-mobile for unlimited text/video and i think it's like 4 gigs of internet data usage (which i never hit) and like 600 minutes of anytime, unlimited nights, weekends and mobile to mobile.