Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front intake - stuck between 2 possibilities

Default Re: Front intake - stuck between 2 possibilities

Tell you what, you buy me a 427 cobra and I'll give you the grilles from it.

Overclocked

:O umm.. tell you what.. i keep the 427 cobra and I RUN!!!! ^^;

Aye, the SketchUp won't do what I want him to do, its a bit harder than I thought. Since the case is curved a bit (it makes an arc, if we look at the bottom of the front panel) the program won't make ''panels'' for everything that has arcs, and thus i will need to use them as if they were full, complicating everything.. I wont be designing the full case, only what I will be modding (i wont give this damned panel days of work for something easier to do than draw!!)

Its coming tho... give me like 15 more minutes and it's done!

Overclocked

There! finally found a way to draw it using SketchUp!

Sorry for the unfinished front panel, I dont want to stay 3 days on the same drawing, I wanna start hte cutting someday, and since the cutting only implicts this part then why bother drawing the rest? Oh and in the image, the part where the button, leds and the big cut is not curved, but the front panel is. It aint much tho, something like an 1/2'' arc...

So I would make a big cut where the red part is, I would move the reset button under the usb panel, I will have to hide the power/led cables so we dont see it with the large opening the hole will make, ill probly have to remove the black strangely-plastic thing that we can see in the original picture (just above the power button) since I dont like the texture, it also screws the design.

Damn, the cut-everything-and-start-with-a-plastic-panel solution os tempting.. Ill design something with this solution asap