Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front intake - stuck between 2 possibilities

Overclocked

Default Front intake - stuck between 2 possibilities

Heya, I posted a similar thread some times ago but it ended nobody replied to my last post, but now Im back from some hard school times, determinated to get something done with this case :

As you will see, I have NO front air intake (no holes, no grill, no anything), and I decided to mod this case since the other one I use right now got a few intake holes, definively not enough, but I dont wanna scrap the case's simple style... anyway.

Here's my ''dilemma'' : I was thinking about making a big blowhole in the front panel. The thing is, if I cut a blowhole in the front panel, I will need to move the power and reset buttons to another place. I managed to already remove my Power and Reset buttons, I would just need to find a place to replace them. I was thinking about moving them in the little ''USB panel''. I would need to make some tricking too, cause my blowhole would get in the way with the USB panel, but I should be able to get something done there too.

I also thouhgt about something else : Cut the ''panel'' located between my USB panel and my 3.5'' bays, get a new plastic what would be the same exact size, fix it so I have like a 1/2'' of space between the front panel and the new panel (the panel would be ''elevated'' from the front panel), i would ''fill'' 3 of the open sides and let the bottom space free so it takes its air from there.

In both situations, I will probably need a new plastic panel to replace the one I have right now, since the black part is strangely fitted into it, which means I cant do anything without having the modeling in the legs... Ill try to make pictures of what I am willing to do. I could also makes new holes for the steel case so the fan would be a little higher, it could save me some work in the case that the fan get obstructed by the usb panel...

Im also thinking about painting it, but I dont know which color. I was thinking about : the grey panels to be painted black, painting the remaining of the case silver, and I would use some kind of dark tainted plexi to cover my 5.25'' bays. Hard to explain again, more drawings to do... :S

If you have any suggestions or ideas on what to do with this case, it would be greatly appreciated

Default Re: Front intake - stuck between 2 possibilities

The hole doesn't have to be circular. You can mount the fan on the chassis (cut one big hole for it like this) then make the case hole any shape you like avoiding the difficult parts.

Overclocked

Yea, but I dislike having unsymetrical things - and my reset button is on the right side...

I also forgot to mention : I will be using LED lighted fans, I still dont know what colors tho.

You could move the reset button and put it behind the usb door. As for the rest, that's pretty symmetrical.

Anodized

Is that a company case like dell if not could i get a link to it i realy like that case and would like to do my own mods on it
    Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

Overclocked

Nope it aint a company case, it was not my computer before I got it so I have no idea from where it could come.. sorry If it can help you, on the front of the case it's written Multimedia Computer System C650

xmastree, when I replied to your post I did not seen the picture you made. But now that I see it, it could definitively be what I will be doing.. thanks And yea I could move the reset button behind the usb door. The only thing I need to think now, what I am gonna do to ''hide'' the big hole? I dont wanna see the metal case.. Maybe I could find some kind of grill (like the grills we can use on cars to make more cooler fromt intakes, they are a silver-chrome color) so it could reflect well the LED lights and thus making a nice effect, and put it there....

Gonna help my father for some things, so the drawing will not be done this morning.. thanks for the suggestion xmastree

Quote Originally Posted by Nagoshi
    The only thing I need to think now, what I am gonna do to ''hide'' the big hole?
    I think black louvres would look good.
    If you were on eye level you'll still see inside, but from above it will be hidden.

Overclocked

black louvres... are these??

anyway, im currenly in the process of making a copy of my case with SketchUp which I downloaded yesterday

Not what I had in mind, more like these:

But horizontal or even V shaped.

Overclocked

Ohhh now I know what ''louvres'' are ^^ I doubt I can afford golden Ford 427 cobra ones tho.. rofl! Ill see if I can get something similar, or Ill try to get these things I found on google, it would do the same thing, only not the same look...