Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Camshaft

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Default Wanted: Camshaft

I need a camshaft (as you may have already deduced). It's for a build, so make and model don't matter. What *does* matter is size. 24 inches long would be ideal, but close would work. No more than eight lobes please.

Condition doesn't matter, within reason. Rust is OK, I can clean that off. Each end will be hidden so damage there is all right also. The lobes themselves need to be in good shape.

Price is important too, I'm hoping against hope that someone has one or knows where one is that no one wants and I can get it for postage and a finder's fee. It's a long shot but we have a huge audience and forum posts are cheap.

Thanks in advance!
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Default Re: Wanted: Camshaft

If you wanted a V-twin camshaft I could help...

LOL!

My motorcycle mechanic has all sorts of scrap parts for v-twins and I am thinking of an HD computer...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Call up some auto scrap yards and ask if they have any laying around that they could get rid of for cheap. Or if you're handy and have the tools, a U-pull-it type scrap yard would be a guaranteed source.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    Call up some auto scrap yards and ask if they have any laying around that they could get rid of for cheap. Or if you're handy and have the tools, a U-pull-it type scrap yard would be a guaranteed source.
    I'll be hunting this avenue this weekend, but in my experience places that sell these are proud of them. Maybe I'll get lucky.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Quote Originally Posted by blueonblack View Post
    I'll be hunting this avenue this weekend, but in my experience places that sell these are proud of them. Maybe I'll get lucky.
    You might be able to pick up a scrap one too. Even though there may be damage, depending on the extent of the damage, you would never be able to tell. Try some auto repair shops too. They may be able to help.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

I will check in my boxes of camaro parts and out at the shop tomorrow. I may have one or three laying around from a LT1. Two would be stock and the single would have a pretty radical LSA and some scaring on the berings from a spun bearing. If I have some at they shop they will most likely be from either those old Inline V6 ford engines or from a 69 mustang with a 302 in it. I dunno if they are still there but I may have the ones from the LT1 if I didn't give them away. If I find them you can have what you need for cost of shipping. If not we have a local pull a part junk yard and I think their cams are pretty cheap. I could make a trip there in a week or so for you.

$12.75 for a camshaft at my local pull a part.

http://www.pullapart.com/pricing.asp...c=9&#pricelist

This one usually has about 2000 cars so they should have something in the 24" range.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post
    $12.75 for a camshaft at my local pull a part.
    Can't hardly beat that! Thanks but no need to go pulling parts just yet.

No need to look at the Camaro parts either, the design can't house 16 lobes. Eight is the max and just about right.
    Last edited by blueonblack; 07-12-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Well if you need me to go pulling parts, just let me know. I like to spend a day in the junk yard. Last time I went there I scored a Sony Head Unit, 2 Sony Amps and 4 Kenwood subs for $25. I sold them in the newspaper for $150 a week later.

mentally overclocked Cale_Hagan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post
    Well if you need me to go pulling parts, just let me know. I like to spend a day in the junk yard. Last time I went there I scored a Sony Head Unit, 2 Sony Amps and 4 Kenwood subs for $25. I sold them in the newspaper for $150 a week later.
    AWESOME!
    "The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.” -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoNED
    Any contest that lacks integrity is no contest at all