Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EPOCH-1 Multiple psu's?

Default Re: EPOCH-1 Multiple psu's?

Quote Originally Posted by ElevateThis View Post
    WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT MY PLAN FOR THE AIRSTRIP LIGHTS AND AUTOMOTIVE 15 INCH FANS?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

Seriously tho, Modular would be nice, but it's a little late now.

Under budget is a really good thing because i just started looking up water block prices........ouch.
    Inference.

It's never too late.

Ouch indeed. That's one of the reasons I disassembled my loop.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

You'll have to bind together the PWR_GOOD (grey wire) and PWR_ON (green wire) to get them both to support powering separate devices together. if those power supplies don't get the PWR_GOOD signal they'll sit there and trip repeatedly in a attempt to get a good +5v line. you may not notice it, but you'll definitely see it on a multi meter, and it'll be hella obvious on a oscilloscope.... And thats a pretty f@#cked up thing to do to your harddrives and other components, If all your powering is fans and lights with the 2nd power supply then your alright, but if your powering critical components you'll want to make sure that 2nd PSU is getting that PWR_GOOD signal constantly so you maintain stability (even more so if your overclocking).

you also don't want one of the power supplies trying to fire up the video card or processor before the other PSU has stabilized it's voltages. (when computers take a long time to POST from the time you pressed the power button, you know your PSU f@#kin sucks)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Good_Signal

My buddy just soldered together 2 female sockets with 1 male socket in a Y configuration, so it would just be one cable but he ran across some trouble when he started using the secondary psu for hard drives... thats when we found out about the power good signal lol.

SSD's do kick ass. But 64MB Cache 7,200rpm low density (320/500GB) hard drives that have allocation tables above 8196k aren't very far behind.

4kb is the stock for most hard drives, 8kb+ will do a tremendous amount for the hard drives speed. You'll lose a little bit of overall storage space, but you'll gain quite a bit of speed.

Not to stray too far off topic, but the title reminded me of my good friends band:

http://www.epochband.com/
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...