Nemo

Default Re: Simple 5 minute mouse mod.

IF you're in Australia, www.ledsales.com.au

If international..... wouldn't have a clue sorry ^-^;

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal23
    MS OPTICAL MICE***************

you can do this to pretty well any optical mouse. i have done this a few times on microsoft mice but there is a gotcha. on ms optical mice there is 2 led's . One for the rear ligting one for motion tracking. you can change the motion tracking easy enough but the one that provides the accent lighting at the back has a red bit of plastic i shines through. this unfortunately acts as a color filter and if you put any other color then red it wont shine through :-( perhaps if someone got inventive with some colored plex and made something about the same shape and size that could make it work out better.
    HAHA I feel lil noob now but I can't get me mouse opened
    I also got a MS optical mouse.. but there now screws in it.. and I tried on all side but cant get it opened.. (and I whant a puple led but I'm not dure they exist :p)

edit:
    ok I found a few in Amirika but I live in holland so thats not realy helping..
    some one knows some closer? (and I still cant open my mouse I found the opening clicks on de bakc but in frond its still stuck WERE..?&#191

There will be at least one screw underneath a label on the bottom. Turn it over and 'feel' through the labels for a hole, then stick a #0 Phillips screwdriver in there.

Edit:

ATX Mental Case

ive managed to "force" my light to stay on. Around the area of the LED there will be a transistor (a 3 legged black device probably labelled Q1 or similar). This is basicly an electronic switch. When the correct current is applied to the middle leg (the base) it allows current to flow between the two outer legs (Collector and Emitter) efectivly linking them together. The idea is to short out one of the outer legs (probably the collector) with the middle one so the base gets constant current, this will lock the LED on permanently ie: it will not go dim when you lift it up.

See if you can spot the transistor inside your mouse, it will be close to the LED, when you find it use a screwdriver to shot out one of the outer legs with the middle one and watch your LED, when it lights up you know youve got the right leg, solder them together. You could link the two outer legs together but that means fiddling with a wire link around the centre pin as oposed to a solder bridge from the middle to the outside.

Hope this helps some people

BTW, im a bit rusty on electronics at the moment so if my terminology is a bit off im sorry

Fresh Paint

ok I got my mouse open (well its broken.. but open.. and can close again but if I drop it it will be opened again..) but ok I'll live with it if its done i can close it forever...
    now few probs. purple let, then the mouse isn;t working good annymore (to dark I gess) (my mouse pad is also black so tahts why) + I got 2 leds one in the back 2 but the plex in frond of it is red so maybe if I put in a bleu led it will be beter.. (I'll see for it)

I'll try and make a pic today of my mouse inside may that helps.

Némo

p.s. I did find my screws... there were lil hidden but ok...

some custom title eh Cannibal23's Avatar

because of the type of plastic mice are made from you can use the same glue that you would use on plex and it should seal it for good
    - The stone knows not why the chistle cleves it
    - The steel knows not why the fire scorches it
    - When thy life is cleft and scorched
    - Curse not thine evil fate
    - Thank the builder for the trials that shape thee.

some custom title eh Cannibal23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crenn
    Which mouse specifically?
    its the ms optical mouse. really really really interested in that circut diagram if you have a moment.
    - The stone knows not why the chistle cleves it
    - The steel knows not why the fire scorches it
    - When thy life is cleft and scorched
    - Curse not thine evil fate
    - Thank the builder for the trials that shape thee.

Fresh Paint

Default Re: Changing Mouse LED from red to blue

Hi I'm new to the forums, I found it through google and it was the first one I saw that might be able to help me with my problem so maybe one of you guys can help me out.

I bought a optical mouse yesterday of my favourite baseball team the Blue Jays, and brought it home everything and it's a very nice looking mouse:

However, the red LED light inside the mouse makes the rest of the mouse look horrible, espcially since it is a BLUE Jays mouse.

I took some pictures of inside the mouse, can you guys tell me if I would need to get a professional to change the LED light or if it's something I could do myself with a bit of instructions? Also, where I could buy a blue LED light.

Thanks in advance!