Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazing car story. almost 3 million miles with same car same person

mentally overclocked Cale_Hagan's Avatar

Default Amazing car story. almost 3 million miles with same car same person

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/the-firs...on-miles-.html

volvo p1800 and owner traveled 2.9 million miles together, soon to be 3 million in the next two years.
    "The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.” -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoNED
    Any contest that lacks integrity is no contest at all

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: Amazing car story. almost 3 million miles with same car same person

eh, what they don't tel you is how many times that car has been rebuilt by volvo. any car can go that many miles if it's regularly rebuilt by the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by xr4man View Post
    eh, what they don't tel you is how many times that car has been rebuilt by volvo. any car can go that many miles if it's regularly rebuilt by the factory.
    yeah, but i don't know anyone that would want to keep a car that long, that in itself is amazing, it has prob been rebuilt, after that long, it would have to, but the time and mileage together is the amazing part, volvo's arn't the most reliable ever.
    "The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

Local laser guy! Collinstheclown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xr4man View Post
    I believe once. Volvo4Life!

Quote Originally Posted by Cale_Hagan View Post
    volvo's arn't the most reliable ever.
    Yes they are, some of the most dependable cars ever built. Pre-Ford ownership that is.

yeah ford is crap

That's some crazy miles! My aunt had a subaru, old subaru, that went some 750,000 miles. Her job was traveling around the united states and doing drug awareness. The car went through I think she said 3 engines, 4 transmissions and a lot of other crazy things.

Years later, some guys sponsoring her decided they wanted to be super nice and bought her a new legacy. Which... now has a lot of miles on it.

My 914 is on rebuild #1 at a little over 100k miles and the 911 is almost at 200k and running strong as can be.

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

they probably get free maintenance on it it now though.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Dude that would rule.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Hahaha, awesome! I remember reading about this guy several years ago when he was in the Guiness BoWR for hitting 1.69 million. Great to hear it's still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Cale_Hagan View Post
    yeah, but i don't know anyone that would want to keep a car that long, that in itself is amazing,
    You've clearly never seen a P1800.

Seriously though; the P1800 is, imo, one of the best looking cars in history. My dad actually has a (iirc) 1968 P1800S that has been sitting around waiting for him to get around to fixing it up...and if I get a functional garage built before my brother-in-law, I'll probably be getting it. It's not my favorite car of all time, but it is my favorite that I actually have a good chance of owning. Rest assured, if/when I get it, I will definitely be posting a detailed log of its modernization.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

I bet there isn't a single original part on that bad boy