Thread: I can has sanity check one circuit?

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default I can has sanity check one circuit?

With the purpose of the battery being cut off when I connect the DC input. Since normally-on transistors are hard to find and expensive, I threw this together with what I had on hand (also why I'm using PNP transistors instead of NPN). I just wanted to get a sanity check; make sure I'm not completely off base.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Default Re: I can has sanity check one circuit?

..ooops...yeah, so I realized I screwed up the transition from paper to Eagle the first time...this is what I did.

EDIT:
    ..aaand, I just thought to actually check it, and apparently I had it right the first time except for the output polarity. I forgot; my system crashed and I lost that part of the circuit that I had been working on, and when I rebuilt it the first time I screwed it up...
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

It looks okay to me, assuming the semiconductors have sufficient ratings to handle combined (BATTERY + DC_IN) voltage and wattage ... it looks like it's only a 5V circuit anyhow, I don't understand why you're aren't just wiring BATTERY and DC_IN in parallel through a 7805 or similar part.
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.

9V circuit actually. The idea was to have 0 draw from the battery, which is why I thought of a cutoff circuit first, but yeah, come to think of it a reulator would probably be a better idea. ...I didn't have any of those lying around though.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Or just have the DC IN at a higher potential of the battery and a protection diode, although that could use other issues *whistles innocently*
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!