Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Java programming

Default Re: Java programming

Do you have some sort of program structure document? I'm interested to see what your ui looks like on the back end

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

What do you mean?
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Some sort of schema of what your data looks like from a hierarchical perspective. i.e. how your objects interact with each other, etc

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Personally I absolutely hate java, failed a uni subjects once (possibly twice, wont know until my exam gets graded). If your ultimate goal is to make android apps then there is a fantastic android app suite which is essentially drag and drop for setting up basic interfaces and functions and you simply code the rest. A friend of mine makes android/iphone apps for businesses using this program and he swears buy it because it is much quicker to get a working (or semi working) model to the client and it is very easy to modify apps and make minor changes. I can find out what this program is called if you like.

In terms of learning java I used the Java Foundations textbooks. Fantastic for theory but not so good for coding. The only way to really learn is practice. Start off with something basic like a program that will read in 2 numbers, multiply them and print the answer. A program like this is as simple as declaring integers, using a scanner to read user input and using the System.out.println(); method to print the answer. You can also use that method for printing user instructions like "please enter a number". Once you can master the basics the rest comes pretty easily. Don't feel bad if you can't grasp it straight away, it took me ages to grasp it hence why I failed the subject first time around.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Sounds like he's using app-inventor. That's what I've been using and it's still pretty confusing and seems limited. Also, app-inventor needs to be converted to be able to upload to the market which gives you problems down the road. Even when I convert it and change the version number from v1.0 to v1.1 it errors out saying it needs to be a higher version number... it forces you to skip full steps, even on minor updates.

I really just need someone to program the basic UI to keep me in the game before people switch over to another app. My hours are back and forth right now so I need some kind of security to fall back on if they screw me on hours.

I went from 200/week after taxes + another 200 cash in tip-outs for security to 200/week after taxes to another 240 a week in tip-outs from security (they gave me a $10 raise/night for doing a good job) and now it's $150/week after taxes and $100/week with security since they switched me to payroll rather than tips. Meanwhile my workload gets heavier and heavier. Special projects such as networking, paperwork, cleaning the office, organizing the storage(s), phone calls, e-mails, setting up meetings, club setup, bar setup, PC repair, cooking, online research for better deals and getting people on guest-lists/vip/bottle service.

My jobs are to wash dishes and security after kitchen closes... where did all this extra **** come from and how in the HELL does pay go DOWN after 3/4 of a year and partially doing pretty much every job at the club?

I would help you with this but UI is my bane, and I'm chest deep in another project that could either be a hit or squander my entire summer. At least it should look good on my resume either way.

Just a bump/plea for a programmer. Name the price and we'll work something out!