Thread: MacBook Pro is overheating.

Fresh Paint

Default MacBook Pro is overheating.

I installed windows on my MacBook and when I use windows on it it gets over heated I think its because windows doesn't have a very good power management system battery timings also very low on windows what should I do.
    Check the TOS concerning links in signatures...

Default Re: MacBook Pro is overheating.

Install smc fan control on the mac side, up the fan speed slightly and restart into windows. It overheated because apple is more obsessed with design than it is with the functionality of their laptops. I've used windows laptops ever with 1 exception, my macbook pro, and out of all those laptops, the only one that overheated on a regular basis was the mac. Nothing to do with the power management on windows, its the crappy drivers put out by apple that wont let anything but OSX control the fan speed.
    Last edited by OvRiDe; 05-20-2011 at 10:39 PM.
    Not dead yet

Further than that, Macbooks are notorious for seriously inadequate cooling as well. There's a nice thread on XS about the newest Macbooks and 100C temps in OSX.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

my buddies C2D mac book pro stays cool as heck.. even on the couch... doin up HD or playing a game..
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.