Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BoxKart - lan stand and cart in one

Default Re: BoxKart - lan stand and cart in one

Quote Originally Posted by blueonblack View Post
    First off, outstanding product! I love it.

I do have a question though.

Is there a reason you have to use this incredibly overpriced material? You can get a sheet of *very* nice 3/4" oak veneer plywood for 1/4 of that. You'd have some edges to deal with but for the cost difference you might get more customers. Just a suggestion, I do love the material you're using, and again, excellent design and implementation. +rep

Good question.

I have made some from wood as well. And yes it is way cheaper. But, this material is lightweight, won't fade, chip, crack, peel, never needs paint or stain, won't break, resists chemicals, easy to clean, can get wet, has no odor and will not hold odors, cuts easy, can be nailed, screwed, stapled, drilled, and has a nice texture. Those are just some of the benefits.

It's used in the marine industry mostly but it's also used for things like cutting boards and stuff.

I can do wood ones that are unstained or painted for cheaper but I would run into a little more labor because I would have to glue/staple/putty/sand to make them nice. So I would want $99 for them.
    Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BS Mods View Post
    this material is lightweight, won't fade, chip, crack, peel, never needs paint or stain, won't break, resists chemicals, easy to clean, can get wet, has no odor and will not hold odors, cuts easy, can be nailed, screwed, stapled, drilled, and has a nice texture.
    Good points all.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

man ill see if i can find buds pictures from when the gibson was attached to a luggage cart. with power cables coming out from the case wrapped around the luggage rack..totally ghetto ahaha

hilarious.

(great job on yours man!)

Really good idea and implemented well. I'd only be worried about having the computer tower that high up, seems like formula to get knocked over. I was actually thinking recently that if I still went to LANs I'd build a custom flight case to house my setup.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

Quote Originally Posted by chaksq View Post
    Really good idea and implemented well. I'd only be worried about having the computer tower that high up, seems like formula to get knocked over. I was actually thinking recently that if I still went to LANs I'd build a custom flight case to house my setup.
    I made sure to make it wide enough that it won't tip at all, even with big full tower cases. And, I have a strap that goes around the case and through the Kart when the case is sitting on top so that it's strapped down tight.

I just went to a lan and used the 30" one and it worked awesome. Loaded my stuff in it and walked in with everything all in one trip. It was so easy! I even had food and drinks in it, and a duffel bag.
    Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne