Thread: Asus EEEPC OH NOESSSS

Default Asus EEEPC OH NOESSSS

Well on my last fishing escapade the eeepc took a hit... as in crushed one of the hinges and broke the case around the power button. I bit the bullet and shipped it off to asus today. The only thing that concerns me is they were a little put off when I said they couldn't reformat my drive. I told them repeatedly that it was physical damage only and as such they didn't need to mess with anything else. We will see how this goes.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Default Re: Asus EEEPC OH NOESSSS

Well it was delivered at noon on tuesday and at 9 o clock last night it had been shipped back to me but no one ever contacted me as to billing and the such so we shall find out if they actually did anything, they also shipped it back on their dime which is not the agreement so we will find out very shortly whats going on. I don't want to say I have bad feelings because they have always taken care of me very well in the past but the lack of communication and the phone call last night when they simply had repaired it and shipped it back on their dime bothered me a bit.
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Don't know if anyone is following this but asus completely replaced the shell and keyboard and had it shipped back to me in under 24 hours for FREEEEEEE

congrats man. That's good customer service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    congrats man. That's good customer service.
    I never expected any less but the lack of communication had me worried and I thought for sure I was going to be out some money as the track pad is part of the shell. I am ecstatic, I feel I need to send them my thanks but have no idea how to.

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

You're posting your appreciation on a site which gets, on an average day, about 2000 hits heh - I wouldn't worry too much about it

Word of mouth has always (IMO) been the best press

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Because news always travels fast.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta