Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Project : Synthetica by AnG3L

Overclocked

Default Re: Project : Synthetica by AnG3L

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    I am so intrigued as to what shape this is gonna be by the time you are done... every update it seems you change what direction I thought you were going in! I love it. Keeps me on my toes! haha.

I am NOT envious of all that sanding you have had to do though. blech. haha
    I like to keep you people on your toes and I am glad I could achieved that! Thanks bro, I will try my best to keep you on the edge till its finished!

Quote Originally Posted by BS Mods View Post
    Dude this is so crazy and awesome!

It looks strange at first but then it makes me want to keep looking at it. In a good way. It's very artistic, free form, and definitely not something you see every day.

Nice job on it.

Also, I really hope you are not breathing all the dust or you'll never make it to the finish line on this thing. Didn't your daddy ever tell you.."make sure to wear protection"?
    Wow thanks bro, I am very glad you liked it!!! I am taking all the protections like full face mask, perspiration mask, gloves (sometimes) etc etc!

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

I hate when you update and its only words.... NEED MORE PICTURES!!!

Overclocked

Update time guys! After 6 days of exhausting work I am here to present you the results so far.

The most difficult part of the case was the interior. None of the available tools could help me so I had to sand all of it by hand! I wanted to cover the fibarglass edges and create a very smooth surface. That required many many layers of body filler and extremely difficult sanding.

Here is the first layer of isopon and sanding.

After a suggestion in the forums by a friend (thanks man) I created some Rondo! This is a mixture with isopon (body filler) with resin. That way you create a very smooth and more "liquid" material in order to apply it with a brush or just by pouring it and shake it around.

I used that technique to apply 6 layers (yeah I am crazy) of rondo in order to create a balanced and smooth surface and also add some thickness on the inside, to create a 3d effect on the neuron ventilation system as you are about to see later on this update.

After 4 days of work I managed to finish the interior!!

After I finished the interior I start working on the front part of the ventilation system.
    The process its the same, filling, sanding etc etc until I had a satisfying result.
    I had to use the dremel too though as I couldnt work only by hand.

Second layer of isopon.

Second time sanding.

As you can see I found a soft spot so more filling and sanding!!! OMG! That thing happened to me a gazillion times with this mod!!!

So after more filling and sanding I finished those pieces.

As you see I ve worked my way with isopon in a way that the ventilation system has a really nice flaw with the rest of the case.

Next step was drawing the design on the fiberglass. Due to the strange and unorthodox design of my vents I am using Zaha's design as a guide and I will create something similar yet with my own "artistic" touch too.

I also finished the last vent.

The following part drove my crazy!!! The discs on the dremel werent big enough to cut so I tried a thousand ways to cut the holes but eventually I managed to somehow route the holes by using a dremel bit for engraving. The proble was the depth of the vents as I wanted to have a 3d effect extending in the interior of the case.

And here are some shots after 4 hours of filing. This is not the final thing as I will come back later for the details.

Thanks for reading my update guys! The next update is going to be delayed as I have a loooooot of work so please be patient! Till next time, peace!

Wow!!! Don't know what else to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Very nice man! You gonna put some modders mesh behind the vents?

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by msmrx57 View Post
    Thanks bro!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
    Very nice man! You gonna put some modders mesh behind the vents?
    Thanks my friend. I dont think so but I will have that in mind !

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

WOW that's AMAZING! nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by msmrx57 View Post
    I second this.

I'm waiting patiently...
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    WOW that's AMAZING! nice work!
    Thank you my friend!!! Glad you liked it!

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    I second this.

I'm waiting patiently...
    Patience brings gifts!! Thanks my friend!

Overclocked

Time for our new and.... maybe last update for some time as I have to move in a new house, if everything goes well!

I will not post comments on the pictures as you already know the drill (sanding, filling, filing etc etc)

I will only say that it took me 40 hours to come to that point and that I ve already primed it and I am working on minor fixes and details right now!
    I also cut a hole for the tubing in a way that I will be able to remove the top without interfering with the tube.
    I also did some changes on one vent and I will work with the acrylic in a way that it will cover the space.
    The primer I am using its a filler primer which is the best for my job as it fills little holes and it works like a thin layer of bondo too!

Enjoy the show guys!!!

Thats it for now guys I hope you enjoyed my slide-show progress Very very difficult job so far, my right hand cant hold a sandpaper anymore lolz Till next time, Peace!