Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Project : Synthetica by AnG3L

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Default Re: Project : Synthetica by AnG3L

I don't know why, but I'm thinking of some sort of demented cow after seeing that.

Still looks awesome!
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

It reminds me of a kids playground toy. haha Looking forward to seeing where this thing is going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    I don't know why, but I'm thinking of some sort of demented cow after seeing that.

Still looks awesome!
    LoL thanks bro, I ve heard a lot about how my mods look but never something like this lolz

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    It reminds me of a kids playground toy. haha Looking forward to seeing where this thing is going.
    Hahahaha another unexpected comment, hope it will change shape soon

Overclocked

Update no 10 guys and the amount of work I did is unbelievable and I have a looooooot more to do yet!!!
    I ve been working every day for an average of 6 straight hours, under a burning sun and I can tell you for sure that my arms are in real pain as the amount of filing and sanding is ridiculous!

Here is the finisher I use for the final touches. Also with this material I "build" some parts, like extending the curves, filling parts to harmonize the flow of the curves etc etc.

When I spot an imperfection on the organic shape, I immediately start filling the spot, let it dry and start sanding till I have the desired shape.

Here you will see that I choose for my input output part of the case not to use the regular rectangular shape but instead I ve calculated the motherboard i/o shield placement, gpu and psu outputs in order to create something different and more modern looking.
    At first I did some freehand drawings while I was calculating over and over again the right space and also I had to keep the flow on the case and to not disturb the overall design.

First big cuts were made by a grinding wheel and a steel cutting disk.

Then I used the sanding disk to remove big chunks of excessive material.

After a lot of filing and sanding I had to fix the imperfections and also shape the curve to fit flawlessly with the rest part.

After 2 days of total in work I managed to finish this part.

I kept working on the other sides and believe me it was really hard as I had to redo many of the curves as they wouldnt align perfectly with each other. I increased their length by adding more isopon and also shaped them in order to flaw with each other perfectly.

Here are some shots of the finished (for now) main top part.

And here are some tease shots of the upcoming work on the creation of the "neuron" ventilation system. I choose to create them by adding 2 layers of handpicked fiberglass (no molds used or anything like this) and then cut the desired shapes. So that way it will be easier and more durable as the design has many thin lines.

Thats all for now guys, the updates will be slow for the moment as the amount of work is really big and the real changes will come after many many days of exhausting work.

Thanks for reading my update guys, till next time, peace!

Mmm, Sanding filler, great job my favourite, I would rather file metal than sand filler!
    It's coming along good I'm really liking the overall shape, if you have problems with small holes, dents and marks you might want to use body stopper to fill them rather than use filler, as you know it's often wasteful trying to mix a very small amount of filler for a few small holes and often you just sand it away again and still have the holes.

Body stopper is a very fine paste and you can get it in one part so you don't have to mix it with hardener/catalyst and you can spread it very thin so you don't have to use much and there is very little waste, you use wet and dry paper to smooth it down, something like this stuff.

Overclocked

Wow thanks for info mate I was thinking about the exact thing for a week now and I was thinking of a primer that could do that job!!! I might buy and use that as I never used something like this before!
    Thanks a lot mate, much appreciated!!

Anodized

beta has some awesome advice , i feel the need to chime in and tell you about rondo , which is basically a mix of fiberglass resin and bondo , but its mixed in a pourable way , and sands just the same .

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/...ighlight=rondo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBQhD...eature=related

here are some links , its also called mudglassing? any ways , do it to it!

Overclocked

Wow thanks brother, I ve watched all the videos but unfortunately I am close to finishing the top I wish I knew it earlier! I will have that in mind next time, thanks for the awesome info mate!!!

I am so intrigued as to what shape this is gonna be by the time you are done... every update it seems you change what direction I thought you were going in! I love it. Keeps me on my toes! haha.

I am NOT envious of all that sanding you have had to do though. blech. haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Dude this is so crazy and awesome!

It looks strange at first but then it makes me want to keep looking at it. In a good way. It's very artistic, free form, and definitely not something you see every day.

Nice job on it.

Also, I really hope you are not breathing all the dust or you'll never make it to the finish line on this thing. Didn't your daddy ever tell you.."make sure to wear protection"?
    Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne