Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Project : Synthetica by AnG3L

Overclocked

Default Re: Project : Synthetica by AnG3L

Warm weather indeed my friend, basically we still didnt hit the 45 degrees Celsius but I hope it will delay some more!!! The corners of that part are also filled with fiberglass to ensure maximum durability and also to create the desired shape between the curves. Thanks for the comment my friend!!! Stay tuned for more I am sure you are going to love it.
    I have a looooot more work to do on that part but I will update through the process!

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
    That is a lot of sanding!
    Indeed bro!! And more to come!!

some one who is new to fiberglass (newb): hey man have you ever worked with fiberglass
    some one who is not a newb (OG): yes... why you ask
    newb: well man i was just thinking about making something out of fiberglass and i was curious as to what is the most difficult part
    OG: the sanding
    newb: well i am sure you have to sand... but what about the fiberglass mixture ... how much hardener to resign should i use
    OG: its on the package... but get a lot of sandpaper and a sander and a dremil
    newb: what about the bondo mixture afterwards ... how do i know i mixed it right
    OG: it hardens and you have to sand it... thats how you know you mixed it right
    newb: is there any special technique to it
    OG: yeah sand a lot
    newb: no i mean the mixture
    OG: dude your not ready for fiber glass

2 weeks later

newb: holy sanding batman... **** fiberglass my fore arms have been sore for days
    og: Stupid newbs

seriously... though... the case looks AWESOME MAN... i am excited to see the colors on and it and the components in it...

enjoy the sanding man... and it looks great... i like the use of the file... i just used a dremil and alot of cuss words ... but the file can me more accurate

last time i worked with fiberglass and catfur(fiberglass paste) i was doing body work on cars... and that crap wasnt fun then and its not fun now hahahaha but... the finished product is usually pretty awesome... so keep on keeping on man... its looking great!!!

Overclocked

LoL that was the best comment ever my friend!! I ve never seen a comment big like this!
    Indeed my friend, this job is extremely difficult and not for noobs for sure! Its going to take a lot of time and the details in this are very difficult! I am glad that you could capture the whole concept from now you have a good modding imagination!! The file is for removing bug chunks of material just to shape and form the curves etc. It works better that anything else!!! Thanks for the awesome comment my friend!!!

Overclocked

Update no 8 guys and lets see together what I did so far!!
    First of all I received 2 packages, one from Bitspower and one from Aquatuning!!

First the products from Aquatuning! Thanks to Christian for his amazing support so far!!

Now the products from Bitspower!!! Thanks to Mr.Vincent for his very kind approach and professional attitude!! You rock my friend!!

A big thanks to my sponsors for one more time, I will give 1000% to satisfy you with my work!

Now lets move to the hard part! The work (under the burning sun!) which seems will take for eva!!

I had to harmonize the top part with the aluminum box as the curves where a bit out !
    So I masked the case and applied as much fiberglass was needed!

Then I created a mold out of 1mm acrylic. I used that mold to create 2 "feet" kind off, which they will be used to screw the top part on the aluminum case. I ve been thinking for 2 weeks how I was going to attach those 2 pieces together and the most functional and cool looking way was that.

The next day I removed the aluminum case and the masking tape and here you see the excessive fiberglass which needs to be filed.

After a lot of filing and sanding!!!

Here I cut some parts from the curvy part of the top in order to create later the "neurons" design which is going to serve as ventilation holes.
    I also had to work on that side to finish it so I could move on to the next side. That included 5 layers of Isopon and a lot of sanding!!!!!

Thats all for now guys I hope you enjoy my little journey, till next time, peace!!

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

looking good! loving it!

Overclocked

Thanks brother!

Just curious ... Is the case going to be cut on the one corner like the fiberglass box above it or is that one corner going to stick out...

Sorry for the question I'm just excited to see this thing built!

Good work man

Overclocked

No brother it will stay as it is, I will put the reservoir there!! Thanks for the support my friend!!

Overclocked

One more update on the go for you guys!
    I ve been working really hard these days in order to "almost" finish 2 sides of the top part out of 6 and I still have the ventilation neuron designs to do and finish!

Here are some shots of the front and curvy part finished. The curves are aligned in an unorthodox style yet are flowing among them really nice and in a unique style.
    That wasnt an easy task at all as I am going to show you in the 3 final pictures.

First lets see these 2 finished parts.

Here is how I start to form the various shapes. I am using a filler which is really hard yet easy to work with and sand, I found the specific brand after years of using many other materials and brands.

And a little preview of the 3rd side's final steps to finish.

Here you are going to see the step I took in order to create these 2 sides of the top part.
    The amount of work is ridiculous (and the materials used from the beginning to finish).

STEP1:

STEP2:

STEP3:

Thanks for reading my worklog guys!!! Till next time, peace!!