Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Project : Synthetica by AnG3L

Default Re: Project : Synthetica by AnG3L

Great attention to detail as always, I'm especially fond of the painting style you went with. Very interesting.
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    WOW!! that thing is looking amazing!
    Thanks bro nice to see you again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Great attention to detail as always, I'm especially fond of the painting style you went with. Very interesting.
    Thanks buddy glad you liked it!!!

These days I am working really hard in order to finish the mod as I have some other things that I have to do and ... I dont like leaving unfinished jobs behind!
    This will be a quick update as my time is very limited but you will get the "idea"!

So lets begin!

As you will see in this update, I did some mistakes on the designing of one of the aluminum parts and while I was trying to fix it by changing my original plans I was only making it worse.
    The most of the pictures are my efforts that gone wasted...
    First, the holes for the fan controller and the addition of threads on the face of it.

Some extra shots of the power and restart buttons after the acrylic varnish.

A real mess!!!! Only if you could see the rest of my house.... Here I start measuring for the i/o holes of most of the components and also marking the aluminum.

I also messed with the idea of the creation of a backplate for the mobo i/o shield. More on a following update.

The beginning.... :p

The middle...

Me... messing with my previous "backplate" idea!

And here is... my mistake. I placed the hole for the DVD rom in a wrong place so I decided to use a slim DVD in a different place. I was going to cover the old hole with an acrylic illuminated logo of the mod... Yeah I messed it up!

And here is my creation of the GPU stand-holder. I did something easy but... functional! More on this on an upcoming update!

And here we are!!! New pieces.... I decided to change these 3 not only the "faulty" one as I wanted to do some minor changes. Special thanks to my friend who works in the laser company for the quick delivery and not only!!

And I finally got the acrylic parts!

The cpu block was painted by using a new technique which is textured were the black color is only! Quite amazing huh? :p I thought I could use this technique as from far is distinctive and it blends quite nice with the rest of the "inside" theme!
    It also has 3 layers of acrylic varnish which it gives it extra durability and also glossiness.

These are the feet of the mod. Are composed by 6mm a grade black acrylic and 3mm blue fluorescent. I will add a white led in each one of them in order to give them a very smooth ambient light effect. The polish.... gosh it took me forever as the particular black acrylic is very hard as its a good quality one. These pictures are one step before the final.

And the reservoir stand painted a darker blue candy with a very small portion on the right edge treated with the same technique as the cpu. Not visible from far.
    The reservoir was frosted except from a horizontal line of 1.5 cm.

Random shots of the ssd cage assembly.

I ve spend one whole day trying to cut the holes on the top black acrylic piece!! I also made some minor changes as you will see.

Final polished feet!

Changed the stand for the usb due to the new laser cut aluminum face...!!!

And one of the ...many test assemblies!

Thanks for reading the update guys, till the next time, peace!!

This is looking so good. I've been feeling guilty about not having time to read through lots of the builds lately so I've been going through them today and making sure to comment. I'm reminded a bit by why it's a bad idea to do that. It gives me too many ideas! I can't be thiking about things to build. I have too much school work to do!

Build looks great. I can't wait to see more. You progress pics are awesome.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Looks amazing! I love it all, especially the CPU paint job. What polish did you use on the acrylic?

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    This is looking so good. I've been feeling guilty about not having time to read through lots of the builds lately so I've been going through them today and making sure to comment. I'm reminded a bit by why it's a bad idea to do that. It gives me too many ideas! I can't be thiking about things to build. I have too much school work to do!

Build looks great. I can't wait to see more. You progress pics are awesome.
    I am glad that you came by my friend and I also appreciate your comment and support!! Ideas are good bro just find the time and enjoy modding!!! But school comes first always!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
    Looks amazing! I love it all, especially the CPU paint job. What polish did you use on the acrylic?
    Thanks buddy!!! Its a process going from 600-280-320-600-1000 sanding grit and a polish buffer pad along with white finishing wax!

It's been awhile since I've looked at this thread... and wow... looking amazing. Very cool work sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Overclocked

Thank you my friend!!!

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

amazo quality man!

Overclocked

Thanks man!!

Overclocked

One more update for you guys is on the way!
    Many things I did these days and I am a couple of steps (or more) before the finish line.

First of all is the creation of a "proper" slim dvd stand. The first one wasnt the best solution so I had to create something better. So I came up with that.....

A single piece of aluminum angle which I used to create a housing for the slim dvd.

Neat idea huh? :p

Holes for cathode and led switches..... done!

Various steps of the top acrylic polishing process. 180-230-320-400-600 and polishing buffer wheel at the end.

Led stands were made out of 3mm acrylic and 1mm cnc precut pieces. I gave them the shape accordingly of their placement in the case.

Pieces filed and sanded.

Glued together with plastic welder epoxy.

Filing, sanding and final fixes with some isopon. And ready for painting!

Here is also the gpu stand after the addition of aluminum putty. I filed it into the desired shape and its ready for some painting too!

I used black hammered paint for those parts as it naturally gives a thick and textured surface and its durable as ****!!

I also finished the corners of the bottom case. I used black hammered paint here too for the reasons explained above even though it wont be visible I wanted that textured-durable touch inside the bottom case too.
    I let the visible part unpainted in order to apply some carbon Di Noc vinyl I had available.

I finished the modification and installation of the 5 windows on the top part. 2 of these windows are semi frosted for aesthetic and lighting reasons. I also gave the top one, a shape to follow the ventilation's line.

Aluminum parts arrived from the powdercoater with the color of choice : black semi matte.

And I will leave you with some teaser shots!

Thanks for reading my worklog guys, till next time, peace!!