licenseless... who do you work for?

Default Re: project: Fukushima Reactor Rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
    licenseless... who do you work for?
    your mom on the weekends hahahahah

nah... i work for the government... the army to be exact... as a contractor

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Ah ok. I saw the tags on the boxes and I was like... that looks familiar lol. State Dept here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
    Ah ok. I saw the tags on the boxes and I was like... that looks familiar lol. State Dept here.
    State department... Right on

I think I will be going gs... So maybe I will get to be a real government employee one day hahaha ababa

holy crap guys... i just looked and its been almost a year since i did anything with this thread...

first off... dont worry she isnt done... and she isnt going to be scrapped... i just had a few snaggs when coming back to the states... ie ... the few places i was looking at were a bit of a disaster when i got here... so looking for a place took almost 2 months... then after my stuff got here (it arrived from japan on the day that we had the earth quake here ... no joke the guys moving my stuff were like WTF... this ****s from japan hahahahaha)

then i had to buy two vehicles ... one for the everyday stuff... and one for fun...

the fun one is this beauty...

so i had to spend some time on her... shes doing better... needs more work...

then after that... i had to visit family... and fly them out here and have them bring my dog that my mom was holding... she was so excited ... it was like i never left... dogs never forget man

... and then go site seeing since its been 5 years since i have been back in america

some pics from those adventures ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robertf...7629326597920/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/robertf...7629615795125/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/robertf...7629183491517/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/robertf...7628973702745/

... and i had to gain 20lbs on american foods... then loose 20lbs...

then i got lyme disease... NO ****ING JOKE... i am jsut now getting over the lyme disease... probably from the trip to cunningham falls or skyline drive... either way... i literally just got my brain back a couple of days ago... i had Alzheimer and arthritis from it... looks like some of the arthritis is going to stay for life now... pretty ****ty... but nothing i cant handle

so... on to what i worked on for like an hour here and there... before i lost my mind... and what i am finally getting back to tonight...

so the original idea was to do a mix between copper piping and rubber tubing... **** THAT... im in america now... i can get good tools and things to work with... so x88x i am taking your idea of the 90 degree bends...

i made the intake and exhaust piping of the mineral already...

then i changed up the idea i had with the cooling tower...

originally i was going to do the oil cooler from a car... or bent copper lines... again... **** that... i got 90 degree bends... and i have started working on them...

now what you are seeing in that pic is the inner tubing that will go inside the tower from before...

i also changed out all the screws and nuts on the case for pop rivets... its more permanent and is more stable so i needed less support pieces...

now its time for my favorite show GAME OF THRONES... and i am a week or two behind because of ****ing lyme disease... so i got to get to it

oh and you guys from maryland... this summer we got to get together and show off projects... and make some beer and drink some beer

sorry again for this late revival... but life has been all ****ed up...

im in bel air now so if you live near hit me up

Custom Title Honors

dude, bel air is less than an hour from me.

but damn man, what an epic post!

Quote Originally Posted by xr4man View Post
    dude, bel air is less than an hour from me.

but damn man, what an epic post!
    **** has been pretty ****ing crazy over this last year... so i am glad it entertained ya man hahahahah

where you located man... and what project are you working on... i would like to see what people have going on around here...

also... i think at the end of the month i am brewing beer... so if you are interested (and over 21) please do come par take in this wonderful thing ...

also... i will post about how to sweat solder later tonight if i get off work in time... so maybe this post can evolve some more over the next few days

ok... so ... i think what i got going on so far is going to work...

this is how the structure and cooling system in the cooling tower should look when finished

as you see the center pipe going most of the way straight up will be the inlet of the of the fluid after it goes threw the pump...

then it will spiral down and go out the side and up into the tank...

were you see the yellow tape... i still have to mark off and solder...

if you are curious how i am doing this... here is a simple step by step... not very accurate but hey... it freaking works

first step... make a mess

these are all the things i use...

basically thats everything you need...

copper pipe
    pipe cutter or dremil which i actually used more than i did the pipe cutter
    flux and brush
    solder
    propane torch
    gloves
    pliers
    sand paper (cloth type)
    sharpie

its real simple...

after you make your cuts and you align were you want your pieces to go... mark them with a sharpie or if you are doing simple bends you dont need a sharpie just make sure you align it properly

then after you made your marks (if i was doing more than one connection i would make multiple marks to make sure i knew which connection went where)

pull it apart then get ready with the sand paper

then hit it with the paper
    just a quick pass south of the mark you made ( i have been told this isn't necessary with new pipe... but i do it anyways)

now brush on a light coat of flux where you did your sanding

connect it back... duh

next you put it on the flame... (it was hard for me to hold the phone/camera and the pipe plus the solder and the torch so this picture isnt accurate... but it gets the job done)

apply the flame directly over the connection you are making and let it sit until you notice the flux has melted then touch the solder to the connection and it will melt quickly threw your connection and boom... you are done...

if you still need help soldering... this is a good vid

part 1
    http://youtu.be/P54dWymNWGs

part 2
    http://youtu.be/lEq6yYYGzZ4

holy crap... i think i actually might test the water flow tonight... yeah you heard me...

i have to work mids tomorrow... so i have to stay up all night tonight...

so i guess finishing this is a must to help keep me up...

if anyone has a better idea to what i am doing... please do tell me... let me know if i am doing something wrong too hahahahah im not a plumper...

Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see more.